Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Important Text doesn't display

More
12 years 8 months ago #1 by wins
Text doesn't display was created by wins
Hi,

I've a concern about displaying text message ; part of text is not displayed like you can see in picture i've attached.

However, when i display forum in entire page, text displays well, but i wanna get right position of my template to put some modules. Which css code must i edit.

Help please.

ps : Sorry for my bad english

Here is my config

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : city_savannah | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2009-08-10

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.3 | UddeIm 2.3

Third-party SEF components: AceSEF 1.5.18

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4 | Kunena Stats 1.6.4

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Text doesn't display
G'day, wins, and welcome to Kunena.

I'm sorry, we cannot help you with this problem at the moment unless you make your forum accessible to guest users.

While we are waiting for you to make your forum accessible to us, you might also like to read what we have said about using "legacy mode" . ;)

Please also read Kunena 1.6.4 Read Me in connection with Community Builder.

There's some problem with text wrapping. We will know more when we look at your site.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #3 by wins
Replied by wins on topic Re: Text doesn't display
Hi sozzled,

Thank you for answer. Now community builder and joomla are updated ; System Requirements are Ok. You can access to forum via this link : www.afriscore.com/forum

I've understood that when i login as moderator, with displaying more buttons in threads, i can't see all message displayed ; if i login as member (with less buttons) messages display well, it's the same thing when i access to forum as guest. So it's about buttons space.

Other strange thing : menu kunena works well but i can't see it, i just imagine where items menu are and i click on.

how to process ?

Thanks again
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by wins.

More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Your Kunena menu has problems. You need to rebuild it. Please read Kunena menu issues

Your site template is not very good for running the Kunena forum. Sometimes that happens and you need to find a better Joomla template instead of the one you're using. You will fix your current problem with a different site template. You can prove this yourself if you test Kunena on your site with rhuk_milkyway template. You need a template that's wider or that has collapsible module positions. Your template is too narrow and the module positions are not collapsed if there's nothing to display - this explains the large white area on the right side of your forum.

Move the AddToAny module from where it is. That's causing a problem with the button placement in Kunena.

I'm sorry, there's nothing more I can do at the moment. It's possible to fix some of these things but it would take me a few hours to work them through with you. The simplest fix is to use a better, more up-to-date Joomla template that gives your component display more width and that uses collapsible module positions. You need to rebuild your Kunena menu.

More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by wins
Replied by wins on topic Re: Text doesn't display
Hi,

Great ! I've chosen rhuk_milkyway template and all forum displays nice, menu kunena worked well after reinstalling kunena. i move AddToAny, now buttons display clearly.

See forum here

My only concern is the search form, fields in right tabs are partially hidden because space missing in right module position, i just wonder if i can move these two tabs down, but i don't know which files to edit.

Anyway, i made a part of job, maybe i'll do rest later.

Thanks a lot sozzled

More
12 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
Your site template has a "greyline" and a 170 px right column. This is affecting the width of your forum.

You need to move that AddToAny completely out of the way. The narrow template, with 170 px whitespace, combined with where you have placed AddToAny are what are causing your buttons to be squashed. Put AddToAny on the right site, put it in the module position "kunena_profilebox" (if you like), but remove it from where you've placed it.

I really think you should rethink your choice of Joomla site template.

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds