Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Is there a way I can stop people from putting links inside their signature within Kunena?

More
12 years 10 months ago #1 by pioneer6869
Is there a way I can stop people from putting links inside their signature within Kunena?

Im having a problem with it.

Also, is there a way to stop the advertising for a certain user group or access level?

Thanks,

Wholesale Drug Testing.Com
Management
www.wholesaledrugtesting.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
This may be seen, by some people, as a support matter but it's not. There is nothing in the standard Kunena product that prevents people posting URLs in their messages. We do it all the time.

For example, www.microsoft.com

There is a way to hack Kunena to stop these links from being clickable. I don't remember exactly where I saw this hack, but I know it exists.

Apart from disabling all links to appear a clickable, the only other way to prevent advertising is to publish a Code of Conduct policy and enforce it by having your forum moderators remove those postings or ban the users who violate your site policy. Yes, you can remove links in signatures (but you can't change someone's signature to something else).

Look at my signature below. You will see that there is an embedded link in it. Would my signature be unacceptable on your website? Possibly it would be, but only you can really decide these things for yourself.

In terms of whether this is a support issue or not, I remind you to look at the posting guidelines printed at the top of this page. Thank you ;)
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pioneer6869

More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by wicketts
Has any update been made to Kunena recently that will allow you to prevent a user group from posting links?

Or, is there a modification that can be made to prevent members of a particular user group putting links in their signatures?

Many thanks

More
11 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
No update on this issue, no. If people really require this functionality as an urgent, must-have need, then perhaps they might offer to pay someone to implement a you-cannot-use-hyperlinks-in-your-signature add-on for Kunena. My guess is that a feature like this would probably take a few hours (maybe less than $500) but that's a really wild estimate. Maybe someone who understands these things could give us a better estimate of cost?

It's amazing how quickly these "needs" quickly disappear as soon as someone mentions money. As I have written on hundreds, if not thousands, of occasions: nothing is impossible but everything has a cost. The cost may be your time (to search and solve the issue yourself) or your money to pay someone else to implement a solution.

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds