Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question & Ampersand visible in Page Titles

More
15 years 3 months ago #97670 by vwrmic
Cheers, don't worry about obliterating my post, it could be worse!

Well, I don't know if there's some sort of bug tracker, but perhaps it could be added to that and be fixed in due time.

Just to go off topic, however, I will happily make a new thread if need be. Is there any reason why Post counts aren't showing under users avatars? I imported from phpBB, have synched via the control panel but still can't get them to show.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #97671 by sozzled
I asked the question in our private testers chat. It looks like this has been addressed in K 2.0. I know, you've heard that before, right? I haven't verified the situation for myself but I have no reason to doubt the advice I received. Can this change be backported to K 1.6? I don't know. Will K 2.0 (when it's made publicly available) do what you want? Only time will tell.

You can wait or you can change your category name and that one way of temporarily addressing the issue. That's what I would do in your situation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vwrmic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #97679 by vwrmic
Cheers sozzled! Yes I've not heard, but read, the "addressed in K2.0" before. :P I just worry what I'll do once it arrives since I've made quite a few modifications to my installation already and I only installed it on the weekend!

Also fixed my Posts issue, seems I hadn't selected the correct option in a box - silly me!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #97680 by sozzled
*** Off-topic ***

We'll have our work cut out for us when K 2.0 is available for public release. Even more so, if people have made their own customised changed to Kunena (and don't want to lose them).

K 2.0 will be as different from K 1.6 as K 1.6 was different to K 1.5 and J! 1.6 was different to J! 1.6 (or J! 1.0) and that's just the way things go.

Some interesting facts for you to consider. Kunena started about 2½ years ago and, in that time, there have been 3 major releases (K 1.0, K 1.5 and K 1.6) with about 25 minor releases averaging one every 1-3 months. As of the date I am writing, there have been over 1.3 million downloads . The breakdown is:
ProductDownloads
K 1.6597,014
K 1.5391,101
K 1.0108,369
Other (add-ons)222,297
===================================
Total1,318,781
===================================
As you can see, the development cycle has been very active and the take-up as been gratifying to the project team. Because of this activity the Kunena project continues to grow to meet the demands of people who want a native forum component for Joomla. By the same token, though, customising Kunena to meet one's specific requirements takes also involves accepting the likelihood that those changes may be short-lived. I have often advised businesses and individual users with the notion that web apps should be views as "disposable technology" - things that may seem fresh a breakfast time, when you first start using them, but become stale by dinner time. The world continues to turn but the internet world is turning much faster. For me it turns too quickly to spend too much time dabbling in making everything "just so" perfect. I'm content to use a web app, as it arrives, out-of-the-box, and adapt myself to using it that way. When that web app. is upgraded, I use the upgrade and, for me, it's a no-brainer. Fast, simple, effective. I have no doubts.

What others do ... those are the individual choices that they make and they must accept the consequences of those choices. For me, I live with the constraints of the technology (as much as possible). Maybe there's something in what I've written that may be helpful, maybe not, and I'll leave it to you to decide what you want to do with these "random thoughts" of yours-truly! :laugh:
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vwrmic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds