Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question RSS in a Forum

More
12 years 10 months ago #1 by HolidayAuctionChief
Hi
I was wondering if it was possible to place an RSS Feed into a Forum.
My site is at www.holidayauctions.org.uk and Registration is Free. In the Forums I've got a Few Categories and I'm looking for a good place to keep updates on certain feeds that come it.
I thought a Forum on its own would be a good start.
Is it easy to do? I'm fairly new and just getting to grips with Kunena, after having someone do it all for me. So its time to start learning. Any help would be welcome.

Thanks
RObert

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : holauc | author: ChrisH - Newwave Design Ltd | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 08/23/10

Kunena default template details : Holiday Auction Forum | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-07-04

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: RSS in a Forum
Hello,

I advise you in a first time to upgrade to k1.6.4

Kunena by default generate a RSS feed and you can access to it by the little icon in the right bottom

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 10 months ago #3 by HolidayAuctionChief
Thanks, I hope to have the Upgrade Soon.
However, I'm then looking to find out how I can show a Feed from another site, either within a Forum Category, or on my main site.

Thanks

More
12 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: RSS in a Forum
Do you want a dynamic news feed (from another site) to appear on all your Kunena pages? If you do, I can help you with that.

More
12 years 10 months ago #5 by HolidayAuctionChief
Maybe. I was thinking that it could be tidy inside a Forum.
Happy to look at it though
Thanks
Robert

More
12 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: RSS in a Forum
I'll try again: Do you want a dynamic news feed (from another site) to appear on every page view of Kunena?

More
12 years 10 months ago #7 by HolidayAuctionChief
I would like to try and put what you suggest, into a Forum, and I would also like to try and put it on another page. Not on my Home Page, but on another Page where Sale and Rent take you too.

Then I would decide what looks best and is best for the site. So in essence my answer is yes. I'm just trying to learn how to do this and then I can "play" around with what is best.

Many thanks for your assistance.
Robert

More
12 years 10 months ago #8 by HolidayAuctionChief
At last my Forum is upgraded to 1.64.
See the Config Below.
Perhaps I may find out how to do what I want to do now?

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : holauc | author: ChrisH - Newwave Design Ltd | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 08/23/10

Kunena default template details : Holiday Auction Forum | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-07-04

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Time to create page: 0.584 seconds