Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [SOLVED] Is SEF broken in 1.6.4?

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #1 by checksum
Hello,

I am using Joomla 1.6.3 and my forum alias menu is <<forum>>

I have notices since I upgraded to 1.6.4 that when I am not login, my URL to the forum is something like:
www.site.com/index?defaultmenu=509

But when I am login the url becomes:

www.site.com/forum

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.2.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4 | Kunena Search 1.6.2

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #2 by mattfaulds
Replied by mattfaulds on topic Re: SEF broken in 1.6.4?
I have found the same problem since the upgrade to K1.6.4 on J1.5.23. The forum menu has the link: www.mysite.com/component/kunena/entrypage?defaultmenu=72 . Once clicked on, the link returns to normal: www.mysite.com/forum .

However, when logged in I am seeing this message for admin: Warning: Using direct link to Kunena component. Redirected to menu item in /forum (ItemID=xx).

I think there must have been a change either in Joomla menu or Kunena router to cause this problem...

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 32M

Joomla default template details : gk_mystore | author: Robert Gavick - GavickPro | version: 2.0.15 | creationdate: 08/06/2010

Kunena default template details : Argent(RC3 - stable) | author: Gonzaunit | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-08-20

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.6.2 | Kunena Discuss 1.6.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.2

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by mattfaulds.

More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: SEF broken in 1.6.4?
@checksum:

You don't have Kunena menu in your system.. Please add it from the backend.

@mattfaulds:

Check that the menu item (first in Kunena menu) is published to everyone. You said that the forum menu has broken link? That's pretty weird as we are using Joomla menu module to show it. Or is the issue in your main menu?

More
12 years 11 months ago #4 by mattfaulds
Hi

The link is displayed in the main menu (Joomla native menu module using the menulink type) as /component/kunena/entrypage?defaultmenu=72 instead of /forum. This link isn't "broken" - it works but changes the url to /forum and then displays the error msg above the forum (expected behaviour I think).

This changed after the upgrade to K1.6.4. I have no SEF components installed.

Here are screenshots of the menu setup.

Attachments:

More
12 years 11 months ago #5 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: SEF broken in 1.6.4?
It's menu link, or menu alias, which points to another menu. I think that there's a minor bug in your main menu module (does it come with the template?), which forgets to add Itemid on menu links.

The warning message should be only visible when debug has turned on, so I wouldn't care about it. But yeah, link pointing to wrong place is not nice.

There is workaround for this issue: copy/paste Kunena Menu into your main menu..

More
12 years 11 months ago #6 by mattfaulds
It turns out with more testing that this was in fact a template issue. The Itemid was not being applied to menulink items...

PS. I'm afraid that moving the menu did not work either. I had already tried that and it worked at the top levels but any links to child boards within Kunena threw a variety of errors (Kunena SEF errors). This may well have also been a template problem.

Time to create page: 0.577 seconds