Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Avatar problem

More
13 years 1 week ago #1 by gvvampire
Avatar problem was created by gvvampire
Hi there,

I have search the forum but i cannot find a solution about my problem.
In the user profile>>edit>>avatar when i try to upload a avatar and even the system tell me that my profile have been update the avatar pic it still the same without add the new uploaded avatar.

Does anybody can help me please?

Thank you in advance.

Chrys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Avatar problem
Please ... please read the posting guidelines that are printed at the top of this page. I think you will find dozens of other people have posted questions with the subject "avatar problem" and I also think you will find that the answers are similar. I realise that English may not be your first language but here is a small selection of other cases that may be similar to yours: results of search

If, however, your situation is different to all of these cases, can you also read again the posting guidelines printed at the top of this page and provide for us your K 1.6 configuration report?

You will also find useful many articles in the Wiki that will help. Here is a small selection for you to look at: I hope this helps.
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #3 by gvvampire
Replied by gvvampire on topic Re: Avatar problem
Thank you for your answer but i still have the issue.

Here is the log

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : zt_news_iii | author: ZooTemplate.com | version: 1.5.0 | creationdate: 1/14/2010

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Stats: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2)

Please note that if i choose the already install avatars via gallery everything is ok.
I cannot upload new avatars even if the system tells me that the profile have been saved.
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by gvvampire.

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #4 by sozzled
Two things you must do:

(1) Do not, under any circumstances, use the Example template. The Example "template" is incomplete - it is something that developers can use as the basis for creating their own template. Please use the Blue Eagle template instead.

(2) Do not use Legacy mode . I am sure, if you have been looking at this forum for any reasonable length of time, you would have seen my advice about using legacy mode in the past. There is no need, today, for people to use legacy mode; don't use it.

Check again the folder permissions on your site. Read again Securing Kunena . Make sure your folders/files are owned by Apache:Apache.

More
13 years 1 week ago #5 by gvvampire
1) i have change the template but the problem still appears
2) I just turn it off but the problem still appears
3) permitions are ok but the problem still appears

Any idea?

More
13 years 1 week ago #6 by sozzled
Can I see your updated K 1.6 configuration settings, please?

Have you tested K 1.6.3 on a plain J! 1.5.22 website, with no other Joomla extensions, the rhuk_milkyway template, in other words, everything recommended in the K 1.6 Installation Guide ?

Your website is offline; there's nothing I can see at this end. I'm relying on the information that you can give to us. I'm very quickly running out of ideas.

Re-install Kunena 1.6.3?
Move your website to a different web server?

Those are two other options but I think they're a little drastic. We need to understand what you have done and why things do not seem to be working for you. If you cannot upload an avatar image there must be a logical explanation. Perhaps the image is the wrong file type; too large (physical dimensions or file size); maybe you've changed some configuration setting? Have you tried resetting all your K 1.6 configuration settings back to their intial default values? What kind of avatar image are you trying to upload at your website? Is it the same avatar image that you are using here at www.kunena.org ?

More
13 years 1 week ago #7 by gvvampire
You've gor pm

More
13 years 1 week ago #8 by gvvampire

sozzled wrote: Can I see your updated K 1.6 configuration settings, please?

Have you tested K 1.6.3 on a plain J! 1.5.22 website, with no other Joomla extensions, the rhuk_milkyway template, in other words, everything recommended in the K 1.6 Installation Guide ?

Your website is offline; there's nothing I can see at this end. I'm relying on the information that you can give to us. I'm very quickly running out of ideas.

Re-install Kunena 1.6.3?
Move your website to a different web server?

Those are two other options but I think they're a little drastic. We need to understand what you have done and why things do not seem to be working for you. If you cannot upload an avatar image there must be a logical explanation. Perhaps the image is the wrong file type; too large (physical dimensions or file size); maybe you've changed some configuration setting? Have you tried resetting all your K 1.6 configuration settings back to their intial default values? What kind of avatar image are you trying to upload at your website? Is it the same avatar image that you are using here at www.kunena.org ?

Yes i have test it plain but still nothing
I have reseting by the default but nothing happents.
The avatar is the same and all the types and sizes are correct.

Do you have Team viewer as well?
It will be very helpful

More
13 years 1 week ago #9 by gvvampire
Here are the screenshots from config

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #10 by sozzled
I have found the cause of your problem on your "real" site. You have a Mootools Javascript library conflict. Read msg #1 in If you are having problems with K 1.6, please read this first

gvvampire wrote: Yes i have test it plain but still nothing

I would very much like to see this plain test site, please and to see the K 1.6 configuration report of this plain test site in particular. Can you give me access to this plain test site? Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.664 seconds