Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Time issues

More
13 years 1 week ago #1 by KateKoch44
Time issues was created by KateKoch44
I'm having a hard time dealing with all the small problems that have come with the upgrade. The time on my board is completely off and doesn't even make sense. Sometimes it will say that a post made yesterday was just made and I can post something now and it will say it was posted an hour ago but then go back into it and it will say it's a few hours old.

My board readers and employees are complaining about it and I'm not sure what to do. I know I had to offset the time of my board by 2 hours in the last version because Go Daddy is mountain time and I'm eastern, but I don't see anywhere in the control panel that allows me to change it. It used to be on the top of the configuration page.

Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Time issues
There's no "time offset" in K 1.6 (like there was in K 1.5) because it's considered unnecessary. The only possible use for such a feature is if the SQL server is located in a different time zone to the webserver (and that's a rare situation for anyone to find themselves in). Therefore K 1.6 uses UTC time and the timezone offset is whatever you have configured in your Joomla Global Configuration settings.

J! 1.6 adds a new dimension to these timezone offset issues and that's something that we may need to look into. However, I am assuming that you are using J! 1.5.x.

In J! 1.5 and K 1.6.3 each user can adjust their own timezone offset as part of their Kunena user profile settings. J! 1.6 has problems there.

Rather than me trying to guess what's happening, it might be useful if you read the posting guidelines printed at the top of this page and provide your K 1.6 configuration report when you ask for support. Thank you.
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #3 by KateKoch44
Replied by KateKoch44 on topic Re: Time issues
I'm not using 1.5.

It is necessary because I did it need before. Once I put the -2, it corrected the problem. You guys seemed to have gotten rid of a few things that were necessary and I don't understand why. Kind of like it's it not broken, why fix it?

I'm not a tech person and I don't know how to get config reports. I'm just a site owner trying to figure out all the nuances of this new version because the other one was pretty much install and go. I will figure it out though.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by KateKoch44.

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #4 by sozzled
The posting guidelines printed at the top of this page contain a link to how to obtain the K 1.6 configuration report.

For a faster response, please make sure you include your K 1.6 configuration report .

Perhaps you did not see the embedded link?

We "guys" - the Kunena development team - removed a number of settings from K 1.5 because they actually did more harm than they did good. The time offset setting was particularly troublesome (and continues to cause problems) if the time offset is different to the value used in the Global Configuration. As I mentioned before, there may only be a need to have a different time offset (for Kunena) if the SQL server is located in a different timezone to the Joomla server. Is that the situation in your case?

Please understand that I am genuinely trying to help with your co-operation. I'm only trying to establish a baseline for this.

What you may have done "before" is not helpful to us. I am not the only person who is prepared to help; others - people who have substantially more technical knowledge than me - need to know your circumstances, too, without searching elsewhere to obtain information that you may or may not have posted.
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 1 week ago #5 by KateKoch44
Replied by KateKoch44 on topic Re: Time issues
Why do you sound upset? I said it was necessary for my personal situation. As I said in my original post. Go Daddy is mountain time and I'm eastern with a difference of 2 hours. Doing -2 on the old version made it possible to display the correct time.

I'm just saying that none of that stuff affected me and was beneficial to me. Otherwise, I wouldn't be asking if it's possible.

I'm in an uncomfortable position with my employees and board readers who are unhappy with the time changing so much. It's not just a matter of being off a couple hours. It's flipping days.

Another thing that is missing is that it used to say posted 10 minutes ago or whatever it was. It no longer says that. I'm just pointing it out since you seem to be bothered by my saying that you guys changed a lot of things that I don't understand -- and I truly mean that I don't understand -- why they were changed. Those are the things I'm saying that are different. I don't know the reasons why. I already said I'm not a tech person. I'm a simple lay person who is using the board and trying to figure out the difference between the old version and the new version.

More
13 years 1 week ago #6 by sozzled

KateKoch44 wrote: Why do you sound upset?

I'm not emotionally affected at all. I am merely trying to establish some baseline information. Your K 1.6 configuration report would provide us with that baseline information. I have shown you how to obtain that information; it's your choice whether you want to follow that advice or not. I can only help with the information that you have given.

We are aware that Go Daddy has had (shall we say, euphemistically) "one or two problems" as far as web support is concerned. Some might say that Go Daddy has had more share of problems than other webhosting companies. Others might say that it's had less. That's not our job to make any assessment about any webhosting company. The only advice I can offer in this respect is to check off the information in our technical requirements advisory.

KateKoch44 wrote: Another thing that is missing is that it used to say posted 10 minutes ago or whatever it was

If you look at this website, you will see that postings are displayed in "relative time" terms (as opposed to absolute time terms). This is a feature setting that you can control in the Kunena configuration settings. If you want relative time settings - which is the default - then you can revert your Kunena config. to its initial, default values. Do you need information about how to do that?

K 1.6 is different to K 1.5. If your user group is uncomfortable with K 1.6 that's only to be expected as they adapt to the new changes. Our job here is to help you to help them become accustomed to the changes and, if necessary, help you to fix things that may not be useful in your environment. I stand by my previous comment that I am here to help with your co-operation.

The reasons for the many changes were explained over a period of many months. I made it a point to introduce the K 1.6 changes - and there were many changes - in the topic Kunena 1.6 - a moderator's view . You may find that topic useful "background reading".

As far as the specific time issues are concerned, I am only guessing that you are using Joomla 1.5 - if I am wrong perhaps you would correct me - and your K 1.6 configuration report may provide a useful baseline for us to figure out what, speficially, are the issues that you need to resolve and the mechanism to address them. I hope this explains my position a little better.

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds