Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Feature show new messages (1NEW!) doesnt' work properly

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #1 by whippet
Hi again from Italy! The features show new message don't work properly.
It's a little problem, (cause the forum works), but It's very unpleasant.

Only one category of my forum, the one above, even when I've seen all the new posts, Kunena keeps telling me that there are 1NEW! (or more) only in index page (home of forum).

Can I have caused this problem? What can I do? With 1.5 everything worked perfectly...
Many thanks in advance for any help :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
I'm sorry, what's your question?

If you are saying that the 1 NEW indicator does not act as a link on the Index page, that is correct. The NEW indicator on the Index page is only an indicator. However the NEW indicator is an active link on the Recent Topics and My Topics pages.

You say that this behaviour was different in K 1.5? Lots of things were different in K 1.5. However, even in K 1.5, the Categories page (which is the same as the Index page) the NEW indicator was still only plain text; it was not a clickable link.'

If I have misunderstood your question then would you please describe in what way, specifically, the NEW indicator does not work for you. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: whippet

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #3 by whippet
Excuse me, my english is very bad.

I would say that:
I do login, all ''1NEW!'' in home appear ; I enter in the individual categories and read them. In all categories on the home page of the forum (index) ''1NEW!'' disappears (as the messages have now been read) instead of in the first section at the top of my forum does not happen. Even if all messages have been read. Only one forum, the top one... the problem is only just in forum home.

Do I have to click on ''Mark all forums as read''(in italian ''Segna tutti i forum come letti''- see screenshot below):

I hope it is now clear.
Very sorry ;)
What could be the problem?
Many thanks!

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
Sometimes, after I've pressed the "Mark all messages read" button, I still see the occasional "new" indicator and I wonder how it could be. Then I logout and login again and I don't see it. Is it magic? Of course not. It has to do with session cookies.

I think we would all agree that there may be the occasional problem with the "new" indicator but these problems are not major or serious. They will not cause the end of life as we know it on our forums or on the internet. They are an inconvenience. Yes, this is a support issue. In my opinion it is a low priority support issue. It will probably be fixed some time in the future.

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds