Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Lightbox displays part of image (with some templates)

More
13 years 6 days ago #1 by Tomservo
Hey all, I'm having issues with Lightbox displaying images in the forum. When using templates other than the default, lightbox displays only the left portion of the image (about 1/4 or so). Is this happening with anyone else? It seems to have shown up after the 1.6.3 update. Lightbox works fine on the rest of the site. What's odd is with some templates it doesn't even try to do the lightbox effect, it just opens the image in the browser window as if one has turned off lightbox in the frontend settings.

I did try the search here but gave me a lot of info that was not relevant. Anyone else seen this behavior?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 days ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

The third party templates need to be updated to using the new lightbox

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 6 days ago #3 by Tomservo
Thought it might be something like that.

More
12 years 10 months ago #4 by kai920

xillibit wrote: Hello,

The third party templates need to be updated to using the new lightbox

How exactly can this be accomplished?

More
12 years 10 months ago #5 by xillibit
You need to replace this, in /components/com_kunena/template/yourtemplate/initialize.php :
Code:
CKunenaTools::addScript( KUNENA_DIRECTURL . 'js/slimbox/slimbox-min.js' );

by this :
Code:
// We load mediaxboxadvanced library CKunenaTools::addStyleSheet ( KUNENA_DIRECTURL . 'js/mediaboxadvanced/css/mediaboxAdv.css'); CKunenaTools::addScript( KUNENA_DIRECTURL . 'js/mediaboxadvanced/js/mediaboxAdv.js' );

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kai920

More
12 years 10 months ago #6 by etkritikonspoudon

xillibit wrote: You need to replace this, in /components/com_kunena/template/yourtemplate/initialize.php :

Code:
CKunenaTools::addScript( KUNENA_DIRECTURL . 'js/slimbox/slimbox-min.js' );

by this :
Code:
// We load mediaxboxadvanced library CKunenaTools::addStyleSheet ( KUNENA_DIRECTURL . 'js/mediaboxadvanced/css/mediaboxAdv.css'); CKunenaTools::addScript( KUNENA_DIRECTURL . 'js/mediaboxadvanced/js/mediaboxAdv.js' );

Does this mean that when creating a custom template, one needs to copy "initialize.php" as well (what other files/folders?) to his/her new template folder?

More
12 years 10 months ago #7 by sozzled

etkritikonspoudon wrote: Does this mean that when creating a custom template, one needs to copy "initialize.php" as well (what other files/folders?) to his/her new template folder?

Yes, each template needs its own initialize.php file. This is explained in How to create a template for Kunena

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #8 by etkritikonspoudon

sozzled wrote:

etkritikonspoudon wrote: Does this mean that when creating a custom template, one needs to copy "initialize.php" as well (what other files/folders?) to his/her new template folder?

Yes, each template needs its own initialize.php file. This is explained in How to create a template for Kunena

Thank you very much for your answer...

I need to point out, though, that there is no single document explaining fully what files and folders one needs to copy from the default template in order to build a customized one based on it...and the ones that do are not exactly correct it seems

I have asked this question on a specific thread , but I have got no answer...please somebody reply what exactly files and folders need to be copied from the default template folder in order to build a custom one...(would rather you did it on the thread linked to here, if possible)

One article suggested copying the contents of the "example" template, but that is not enough, plus, the new default template has more options than the example one...I got errors on my host's Error Log, pointing to the "/media" folder, so I copied it too

Right now I have the following copied from Blue Eagle (default) template's folder :
Folders:
/css
/images
/language
/media

Files:
index.html
params.ini
template.xml

and it seems I also need to copy the "initialize.php" file as well...but after taking a look at its contents, it seems like I need to copy the "/js" folder as well?

Is the answer the easy one, that is, I must copy ALL files and folders from the default template folder to the the custom's one??

Thank you very much for your support...
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by etkritikonspoudon.

More
12 years 10 months ago #9 by sozzled

etkritikonspoudon wrote: I need to point out, though, that there is no single document explaining fully what files and folders one needs to copy from the default template in order to build a customized one based on it...and the ones that do are not exactly correct it seems

I agree.

I wish I could say more than "I agree" but that's all that I can really say.

The information about how to create a custom Kunena template is a little disjointed and not as nicely organised as I would like to see it. I estimate that it would take me about two whole days of my time to reorganise this information but it's really a matter of spending two whole days working on writing, grabbing pictures, and (as we would probably agree) it's not really very enjoyable.

The fact is that is that designing and building a template for Kunena is not all that difficult but it takes time to learn how to do it properly. There are quite a few people who have figured out what they need to do (and some of them are even making money from selling their own designs) so it's not impossible. I suppose what would be good would be if those who have solved this would contribute their ideas to the Wiki and then we'd all reap the benefits.

I think we're a little way off-topic from a subject that started with "I'm having issues with Lightbox displaying images in the forum" to "How do I build my own template". Wouldn't you agree?

More
12 years 10 months ago #10 by etkritikonspoudon

sozzled wrote:

etkritikonspoudon wrote: I need to point out, though, that there is no single document explaining fully what files and folders one needs to copy from the default template in order to build a customized one based on it...and the ones that do are not exactly correct it seems

I agree.

I wish I could say more than "I agree" but that's all that I can really say.

The information about how to create a custom Kunena template is a little disjointed and not as nicely organised as I would like to see it. I estimate that it would take me about two whole days of my time to reorganise this information but it's really a matter of spending two whole days working on writing, grabbing pictures, and (as we would probably agree) it's not really very enjoyable.

The fact is that is that designing and building a template for Kunena is not all that difficult but it takes time to learn how to do it properly. There are quite a few people who have figured out what they need to do (and some of them are even making money from selling their own designs) so it's not impossible. I suppose what would be good would be if those who have solved this would contribute their ideas to the Wiki and then we'd all reap the benefits.

I think we're a little way off-topic from a subject that started with "I'm having issues with Lightbox displaying images in the forum" to "How do I build my own template". Wouldn't you agree?

Yes, I agree that we are a little bit off topic, that's why I suggest again that answers on this be made to this thread

I must point out though I am not at all looking for an all-in-one article on template customization...

What interests me urgently, for the well functioning of my forum, is what files folders I need to copy from the default template folder...that is all...
If issues come about, we could discuss them little by little...

So my question is do I need to copy any more folders and files to my new template apart from the following ones which are already there?

Folders:
/css
/images
/language
/media

Files:
index.html
initialize.php
params.ini
template.xml

The "/js", the "/plugin" folders, maybe?
The "login.php", the "forumjump.php" files?

Once more, thanks a lot for your continued support

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds