Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question upgrade fail

More
13 years 6 days ago #1 by FroboZ
upgrade fail was created by FroboZ
Hi!

So I've upgraded to Kunena 1.6 (which looks wonderful by the way) however it turned out I had to do a fresh install instead of an upgrade because my computer decided to shut down while I was upgrading (loads of threads to convert was taking hours). Afterwards I could not resume the upgrade and I could not revert back to a functioning 1.59 either, I tried to use the 1.514 available on the website but it won't install correctly on joomla 1.5 or joomla 1.6.

So well my problem is that I have to save my threads, I've managed to import my categories from the previous install, however when trying to import the threads I only get them to show up in the statistics, that is the forums shows that there are so many threads in that category and so on as it should, but the threads themselves are not there.

Please help me, is there anything I can do to save these threads? They represent a communities storytelling for a whole year and well safe to say there'd be some broken hearts if they were lost.

Greatful for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 days ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: upgrade fail
We can't always anticipate every problem that can arise - like your PC and/or server crashing during a major piece of software conversion - and that's what backups are for.

Please read K 1.6 Upgrade Guide . In your situation I would advise that you revert to the situation you had when you made the backup of your site before you started the upgrade procedure.

An upgrade should not take hours. An upgrade/migration from K 1.5 should normally only take a minute or two. The fact that the upgrade was languishing for hours suggests that there is some other problem that needs attention.

More
13 years 6 days ago #3 by FroboZ
Replied by FroboZ on topic Re: upgrade fail
Thank you for your swift reply

I did get suspicious but I figured that since it had some 6000 posts to go through it would take awhile.

Like I said though I attempted to revert to 1.5x is 1.59 that i was using before available anywhere? when I attempt to install the 1.54 it gets stuck after the first installation phase (I get a white screen with a green mark and whichever part of the installation comes first, don't remember which sorry) and it stops after that, no matter how many times I retry.

More
13 years 6 days ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: upgrade fail
Again, I suggest that you revert to the site backup that you made before you started the upgrade process. I do not recommend that you attempt to use the Kunena installer software to go back to an old version of Kunena. Did you make a backup of your site (as recommended in the installation guide)?

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds