Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Attachments appearing two times

More
13 years 6 days ago #11 by alaplume
Hi there,

Below is my Report Configuration Settings. Please let me know what I can do on my end in order to only see one image that is attached to a forum post.

Thank you for your help!

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 32M

Joomla default template details : yoo_phoenix | author: YOOtheme | version: 5.5.8 | creationdate: December 2010

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 2.0.3) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 days ago - 13 years 4 days ago #12 by sozzled
Andrea: Before we get to discovering the mysterious cause of how attachments seem to be "appearing" twice - and I have not seen a live example of this problem yet - your site has a few other problems that are much more important and much more serious than this one.

(1) Your site is running J! 1.5.22 with the System - Legacy plugin enabled. Do not use Legacy mode . I am sure, if you have been looking at this forum for any reasonable length of time, you would have seen my advice about using legacy mode in the past. There is no need, today, for people to use legacy mode; don't use it.

(2) You are running K 1.6.1; please upgrade to K 1.6.3 now. This will fix up the problem people will see when they visit your forum, shown in the following partial screenshot:

Upgrading to K 1.6.3 may, in fact, fix the problem with attachments "appearing two times" :unsure:

(3) If you try to click any forum category, you get the error message: "The page isn't redirecting properly. Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete." (Other browsers respond with different messages: Google Chrome, for example, responds with "This webpage has a redirect loop. The webpage at <URL> has resulted in too many redirects."; Internet Explorer, on the other hand, merely responds with the unhelpful message "Internet Explorer cannot display the page" without offering any explanation.) This means that your whole forum is basically useless because no-one can navigate through the categories from the Index page.

The problem is caused by having two (or more) menu items to Kunena that conflict with one another. Various solutions are given in the topic [Merged topic] "This webpage has a redirect loop" The problem is not caused by Kunena; the problem is a Joomla issue and was caused (perhaps not intentionally) by you. The solution is simple: delete all the existing menus that involve Kunena and recreate the Kunena menu(s) again.

If you would like to attend to those three major problems - quickly, please - we can then turn our attention to attachments that seem to "appear" twice. :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 4 days ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 days ago #13 by vvolf69

sozzled wrote: I have not seen a live example of this problem yet

wow thats cool. beside the fact that you have answered to three problems noone asked you for why don´t you have clicked on any attachment in her forum to see it? and how does this help all others who have the same problem?

three people have now reported this inside this thread and there are at least two more unanswered threads about this topic inside this forum.

i understand that you do this for free and that kunena is freeware. i apreciate your help but a statement like "i doubt this mysterious problem exists somewhere outside your head cause i don´t have seen this..." is helping anyone. beside that i doubt that it is helpfull to anyone else than alaplume if her joomla is up to date or not. i hope you have checked that no plugin or any module she uses needs legacy support before you made that statement. thanks for looking into this...

www.pokermods.tk/index.php?option=com_ku...=4&id=3&Itemid=233#3

More
13 years 4 days ago - 13 years 4 days ago #14 by sozzled
vvwolf69: Please do not assert something that I did not write and, unless you are a mind-reader, I suggest that you carefully watch the tone of your input to this discussion.

I have no doubt in my mind that this is a real problem for some people. I'm doing my best to help. Many people come to this forum and report their problems but, more often than not, it's what people do not tell us that is just as important - dare I say, more important - as what people do report to us. What I am trying to do is to find a real case where this situation can be reproduced, consistently. At this time I am only guided by static images or textual descriptions of the problem. As I've written before, I have not see a live example of this problem yet in a K 1.6.3 site and so I don't really have a lot to work with.

If you have a live example (the URL of a topic that demonstrates this case) I would be very interested to see it. I haven't seen a live example; that's what I'm saying.

It is not the moderator's job to answer questions. My role, as a forum moderator, is try to connect people with the best resources that will help them in their situation; I would ask you to keep that in mind before you launch into a broadside criticism about my helpfulness or lack of it. Thank you.

More
13 years 4 days ago - 13 years 4 days ago #15 by vvolf69
your answers inside this thread don´t provide any help to the topic of this thread. they are simply spam. also your answers are useless related to the aspects of moderation. as it isn´t the worst your last answer can cause additional problems to a site of of which you have no clue.

there are several url´s in this thread linked to a thread of a forum which shows this problem. one post above yours for example there is a link... may be you try and click it one time? if you don´t have a look into it you will never see it.

however, everyone who comes across this problem, should be everyone with a yoo theme and yoo tools or a rocket theme can fix the problem himself but that´s only a hotfix. a clean solution would be be to add a config function to the backend which allows to decide wether to load the lightbox library or not. loading unecessary scripts will cause always porblems -> "Common causes of Mootools (Javascript library) issues and Kunena" .

open file /components/com_kunena/template/your_template/initialize.php

search for
Code:
CKunenaTools::addScript( KUNENA_DIRECTURL . 'js/mediaboxadvanced/js/mediaboxAdv.js' ); //

replace with
Code:
// CKunenaTools::addScript( KUNENA_DIRECTURL . 'js/mediaboxadvanced/js/mediaboxAdv.js' ); //

that´s it. now the script isn´t loaded twice but it is still called so you can use your built in shadowbox of a rocket or yoo theme with kunena. if your theme has no initialize.php it will use the one from the default theme.

have fun and relax iron man... ;)
Last edit: 13 years 4 days ago by vvolf69.
The following user(s) said Thank You: emilyaoo

More
13 years 4 days ago - 13 years 4 days ago #16 by emilyaoo
Thanks~ I follow your step, it's at line 21..
Goes well~~~ thanks again~~
Last edit: 13 years 4 days ago by emilyaoo.

More
13 years 4 days ago - 13 years 4 days ago #17 by sozzled
emilyaoo: There is a configuration option in the Kunena configuration settings

Forum configuration » Frontend » Look and Feel » Enable lightbox for images = No

xillibit wrote about it in msg #8 in this topic. On the one hand, vvolf69 says that was not a solution.

vvolf69 wrote: ... that´s no solution. just saying. the problem is that kunena loads its lightbox script when another instance of the lightbox script is already running

On the other hand ...

vvolf69 wrote:

... a clean solution would be be to add a config function to the backend which allows to decide wether to load the lightbox library or not

I am therefore puzzled by this contradiction. A configuration setting already exists. Does xillibit's solution work or not? That's what we need to know to close this topic.

More
13 years 4 days ago - 13 years 4 days ago #18 by vvolf69
why can´t you read the thread it´s all in there!!??

problem: lightbox is shown twice inside kunena.

reason: lightboxscript is loaded twice. one time it is loaded by the joomla theme or a joomla content plugin and one time it is loaded by kunena. when you call the script it will respond twice.

solution: load the script only once

result: lightbox is shown only once

to answer your question:

xilibits solution doesn´t work because it is preventing kunena from calling the lightbox script. result is that you don´t have any lightbox inside kunena. it has no influence wether the script is loaded or not.

disabling the content plugin or the script of the theme which has already loaded the lightbox script is no solution either cause it would mean you don´t have a lightbox inside your content/articles anymore.

a clean solution would be an option in the backend to load or not load the lightbox script. good plugins or templates like the ones of yoo for example have this feature. however most people need a lightbox in their content AND in the forums. loading unecessary java scripts is causing a lot of problems and not the fine art of coding and in that case the script is always loaded by kunena no matter if it is used or not! even if you switch off the lightbox in the backend the script will be loaded cause the switch in the backend only has effect on wether the rel-parameter is used to call the lightbox or not.
Last edit: 13 years 4 days ago by vvolf69.

More
13 years 4 days ago - 13 years 4 days ago #19 by sozzled
There is no need to take that kind of tone with anyone. I appreciate the help that you've offered. Our job is to find a way to fix the problem. As I do not have any personal knowledge of these issues (I don't use Rockettheme or YOOtheme templates) I am relying on the input of other members of the community to help. My task, as I will remind you, is to facilitate the discussion and intervene when necessary. At times this means I will report the issues that the community discovers to the Kunena project team.

What we need is clarity, not this kind of insinuation that members of the moderation team or the Kunena project have a hidden agenda or are incompetent. What would help in this situation is to remain calm and level-headed and to explain the facts in a firm and polite way. I have admitted my lack of knowledge on this topic and I have sought to expand on that knowledge by seeking input from the community (both in this topic and in private discussions I have had off-line from the forum). Let's leave the character assassination out of the topic and focus on the issues. If it means that I'm a slow learner than I hope you will make some allowances for that fact. We're not all gifted with the same degree of insight as one another, are we?

I accept that the "solution" proposed by xillibit in msg #8 is not appropriate. As you say, disabling the lightbox load also disables any lightbox implemented in other template designs. By the same token, I don't think it's fair to say that Kunena should address issues outside its ability to control. If a user implements something (whether by intent or by accident) that clobbers Kunena then that's the way it is.

I will refer the matter to the developers and you can wait for their considered opinion. I hope this is a satisfactory way to resolve this issue.

More
13 years 4 days ago - 13 years 4 days ago #20 by emilyaoo

sozzled wrote: emilyaoo: There is a configuration option in the Kunena configuration settings

Forum configuration » Frontend » Look and Feel » Enable lightbox for images = No

xillibit wrote about it in msg #8 in this topic. On the one hand, vvolf69 says that was not a solution.

vvolf69 wrote: ... that´s no solution. just saying. the problem is that kunena loads its lightbox script when another instance of the lightbox script is already running

On the other hand ...

vvolf69 wrote:

... a clean solution would be be to add a config function to the backend which allows to decide wether to load the lightbox library or not

I am therefore puzzled by this contradiction. A configuration setting already exists. Does xillibit's solution work or not? That's what we need to know to close this topic.

I did, I disable lightbox from backend option, but it's not work, did you try it?..
Last edit: 13 years 4 days ago by emilyaoo.

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds