Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Kunena menu problem

More
13 years 1 month ago #1 by MajeStik91
I have a problem with kunena navigation menu.It doesn't show.Without any change he disapeared.I uninstalled the component,I reinstalled again but no result.Why ?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2 by Mortti
Replied by Mortti on topic Re: Kunena menu problem
Have you already read this: Troubleshooting Kunena Menu (1.3 maybe)

More
13 years 1 month ago #3 by MajeStik91
Replied by MajeStik91 on topic Re: Kunena menu problem
Yes.I created the menu from the control panel but still not working.

More
13 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Kunena menu problem
Please read the guidelines for posting messages in the Support category. They appear at the top of this page. Sometimes things "don't work" and we'll try to do our best to help you. For us to help you (and, by helping you, helping the rest of the community, too) we need for you to help us to understand the specifics of the problem that you are having.

Your question has been asked before but the answer depends on which version of Joomla you are using:

J! 1.5: see [Merged topic] Edit, hide, disable or translate menu items in K 1.6 (e.g. rules, help, search)

J! 1.6: see J! 1.6 + K 1.6.2 - How do I restore my Kunena menu?

If you would like us to help you better, please read the guidelines for posting messages in the Support category and include your K 1.6 configuration report in future. Thank you.

More
12 years 10 months ago #5 by larryedwards
I am running Joomla 1.5.23, js_inspirion template, and just installed Kunena 1.6.4. I made no configuration changes, only to give a position to the menu module and show its title. The menu does not appear. The column for it, however, does appear. That is, if it is the only menu in the "right hand" position, a blank column appears there. Otherwise there is no column there. I have used the trash-burn-build approach. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing has worked so far. One writer in this forum suggested that my template does not provide a place for the Kunena menu. How likely is that? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Larry

More
12 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
G'day, Larry, and welcome to Kunena.

Please read the posting guidelines printed at the top of this page. Even though you have given us some information, it's a lot better if you post your K 1.6 configuration report particularly if you are concerned that there is something wrong with Kunena and it's something that the project team needs to fix.

Often, though, these problems have nothing to do with Kunena but they have to do with the way that you went about installing it. You might find this topic useful (even though it concerns J! 1.6, the basic lesson is the same): [SOLVED] Installation problem

More
12 years 10 months ago #7 by larryedwards
Hi Sozzled,
I have included my configuration data below. Sorry for not including it the first time.
In following the links in your reply I found the following sentence:
"Install Joomla (it doesn't matter if you choose J! 1.5 or J! 1.6) - using the latest stable version and make sure that you configure SEO when you do this"
That reminded me that I had trouble with the SEO when I first installed Joomla on BlueHost.com. It was because I am using a temporary URL, 66.147.244.240/~threeey1/Courses/cosmos , not my regular domain name, www.threeeyesofuniverse.org . I figured I would get the new site up and running and then move my domain name over to it. In the installation I followed the JoomlaShack beginners tutorials and set the SEO parameters accordingly. Then I had trouble. The BlueHost tech support person checked it out and said that somehow the SEO settings were causing trouble because I was on a temporary URL. So I set the SEO settings back to all "NOs" and the troubles stopped.
Could this my problem? If so, what could I do? I guess one answer is to wait until I move my domain name over and then set the SEO parameters properly.
Thanks again, Larry

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : js_inspirion | author: Casey Lee | version: 1.2 | creationdate: 03/17/09

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #8 by sozzled
Yeah ... temporary domains can be problematic. Obviously I didn't mention them in my "lesson" post. Perhaps, I should have said "Assuming that you have a registered domain name, and you're establishing a website on that domain, install Joomla (it doesn't matter if you choose J! 1.5 or J! 1.6) ... etc."

Oh well. We live and learn, don't we? ;)
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryedwards

More
12 years 10 months ago #9 by larryedwards
I'll wait until my website is legit.
Many Thanks,
G'danya

More
12 years 9 months ago #10 by whispers
Replied by whispers on topic Re: Kunena menu problem

larryedwards wrote: I am running Joomla 1.5.23, js_inspirion template, and just installed Kunena 1.6.4. I made no configuration changes, only to give a position to the menu module and show its title. The menu does not appear. The column for it, however, does appear. That is, if it is the only menu in the "right hand" position, a blank column appears there. Otherwise there is no column there. I have used the trash-burn-build approach. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing has worked so far. One writer in this forum suggested that my template does not provide a place for the Kunena menu. How likely is that? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Larry

Ok so I have been searching high and low on this forum for an answer to this exact same question and this is the closest I have come to almost finding my answer. I have read the guide you provided sozzle, but unfortunately some of the lingo is above my head so although it may have provided the answer I didnt catch it. But I am having the same problem Larry is having with the menu not showing up.

I am running J1.6 and using google IE & firefox browsers.

I have my own registered domain name so thats not my issue.

I have been in the J1.6 module manager module menu where I selected Kunena which then brings me to the module menu. The third option in this menu allows you to pick the position on where you want this menu to be located. I have tried every position on my template, but I cant get it to be placed in the main menu. Like Larry above I can get it on the right, but only a blank box appears. I can get it below in positions 5-9 but it is unclickable and just displays the words Kunena Menu. I can not get it to display on the login position, the left menu position, the right menu position, the top menu position or the menu position.

I have watched the video
I have looked at quite a few postings and cant seem to find my answer.
I have been all over the wikipedia information.

When I installed I just downloaded from Kunena.com to my desktop. Then went into J1.6 extensions manager. Clicked the browse/install button to upload it to J1.6 when it was finished it recommened to upgard to kunena 1.6..... I clicked agreed and then that was it. Went into components found kunena and opened up the control panel. Have been trying to get it on the menu bar for the last two days now.

Got any suggestions as to what I should do?

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds