Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important User import problems

More
13 years 1 month ago #1 by fatmanmedia
hi all,

I've come up with a small problem, on a test server i installed a clean version of joomla 1.5.22 and installed fireboard, imported a phpbb2 DB and converted it to fireboard then installed kunena and imported the fireboard stuf to kunena and all is well.

The problem i've got is that when i copied the tables of kunena 1.6.3 to a live server with kunena 1.6.3 installed and overwrote the tables all my posts and sections are there, the problem is that the users are showing up in artof user but not in either kunena or in the user manager, the only user showing in the user manager is the admin.

Please help as the site is meant to go live in 2 days time.

fats

p.s here is the settigns report

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : tx_jaunty | author: ThemeXpert | version: 2.0.0 | creationdate: August 03, 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.2)

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #2 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: User import problems
I'm pretty sure this is beyond the scope of support for this forum since:

a) Fireboard isn't supported

b) conversions from other forums aren't directly supported yet

However, it sounds to me like your Joomla and Kunena users tables are probably out of sync. This is typical if you've just grabbed Kunena tables out of one Joomla installation and stuck them into a new installation without migrating all the other table contents.

The proper way to migrate from another forum software is:

- make a full backup of your existing site
- make an exact copy of your entire current site on a new, temporary site
- perform the migration through Fireboard, as you described above, on this temporary site
- go through the temporary site to make sure everything was carried over properly and functions as intended
- copy the entire temporary site over the current one (including ALL tables, not just Kunena ones)

Make sure you change the configuration.php file of the temporary site so you're not destroying your live database tables during the migration! Something like Akeeba Backup will make it easier to pack up your site and move it to a new place where you can easily configure a new database to use while you convert the old forum.

If a problem happens during the last step, just restore the backup you made in the first step and try to figure out where the error occurred.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by GoremanX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatmanmedia

More
13 years 1 month ago #3 by fatmanmedia
thank you, what you described was exactly what i had done and your solution was perfect.

thanks again

fats

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds