Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question problem when using Joomla native SEF

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #1 by Milutin
I am using joomla 1.5.22 and kunena 1.6.3
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : gk_sporter | author: Robert Gavick - GavickPro | version: 1.0.5 | creationdate: 30/09/2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 2.0.5) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

When I click on the topic it just reloads the page but it remains on the same latest treads page, however in the address bar it shows the link to the topic!
But when the SAF is off it goes to the right topic!
www.gradbijeljina.com/forum.html
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Milutin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2 by Milutin
Please replay anyone!

More
13 years 1 month ago #3 by kefkah
Had a heck of mess with SEF a few weeks back. Instead of trying to pick through the haystack - we opted to strip it down and go from there. If done right - you waste a few hours, have a bit of 404s but it straightens itself out.

First off, I see that you have the three big sef commponents installed. Acesef and such. While they may not be active - I suggest cleaning up a bit to reduce any unpredictable issues. Uninstall all three and any plugins or modules they came with. Also check in via ftp to make sure their folders are gone.

From there, deactivate the sef plugin that comes with joomla. Turn off SEF in the globals area AND turn it off on the Kunena menu. Now after all that is done, clean your cache and purge expired cache. Then clean your internet browser cache (temp and cookies) and close the browser.

Seems a bit extreme but doing all of the above will start you from scratch. Meaning going forward - whatever happens does so because of your last change.

Now, log into your site and see if the old nonsef links are present. You know the really ugly ones. If they are there - good, we are back to square one. Go to admin, activate the SEF in globals and in plugins. Then clean site cache, Control+f5 the browser and check your site menu links. Did they turn to the SEF kind?

If so, great. Go to kunena menu and then enable SEF. Clean cache and close browser. Go back to site, check your kunena links. Are they now sef? If you great.

Important: in globals there is an option to Add suffix to URLS. Make sure that is off and is also off in Kunena. The settings have to match or issues seem to come up.

NOW. Say you want to add one of those three SEF programs to your site to do the sef work for you instead of the default Joomla SEF. My suggestion is to 1. read up on them before installing. One toggle too many and hell breaks loose in hours. Also, most of those components require that you disable the SEF plugin by Joomla. And then enable their own plugin AND set its order to be the very first. Do this and your job will be easier.

One of the three you had installed once has a history of conflict with order and kunena. Not the acesef one but one of the other two. Look into it.

This may seem like a lot of work and some would say unecessary but Joomla has proved to me to be a science lab. For the experiment to work, you have to start with a clean slate and work up. Otherwise the variables quickly stack up and a lot of frustration emerges.

Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matias, sozzled

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Please read Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in the Wiki ... very carefully and thoroughly.

The problem may not necessarily be in using Joomla SEF. The problem may be that you have several menu items all pointing to Kunena but with different parameter settings.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5 by Milutin
It is fixed in the way that the kunena menu was ereased and the new one is created, now it is functional! ;)

Thank you for the instructions!

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #6 by iwarlock
i have the same problem here igz.co in the forum (right now sef are turned off so i didnt post the full link.)

i am not using any SEO plugins. what do you mean you erased the menu. please describe a little more. thx
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by iwarlock.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #7 by sozzled
See [Merged topic] Edit, hide, disable or translate menu items in K 1.6 (e.g. rules, help, search) . "Erasing" in this context means deleting and trashing all current menus and menu items that point to your Kunena forum and then using the Create Menu feature on the Kunena Control Panel (in the "backend").

The actual procedure is explained in the topic that I have referred to above.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds