Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question polls not registering votes

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by cbrace
Hi all,

I have just enabled polls on my forum for the first time. Trying an experimental poll, everything seems to work OK, the poll appears at the top of the thread as I would expect.

However, when I vote, the selection doesn't register and my name doesn't appear below. Several other users are reporting the same thing.

I have tested the Kunena poll here: So I have a sense of how it is supposed to work.

Any ideas why poll results are not be recorded?

Thanks.

Kunena version 1.6.3

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 99 seconds | Max execution memory: 120M | Max file upload: 120M

Joomla default template details : Sense | author: K2B-media | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: 07/20/10

Kunena default template details : Sense-Online | author: MJH | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 27-12-2010

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.2)

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
I don't know the answer to this question (or how to find out the answer); I'm sorry. If the poll feature works here at www.kunena.org it may be because this site is using K 1.6.4 (under development) but I haven't seen evidence of the poll feature breaking like this before at this site, either.

I am aware that the new release of K 1.6.4 (which is expected soon) has made changes to the poll mechanism. You can find out more about this if you look at the SVN. More than that, I can't say.

The majority of cases involving problems with polls are because of other site factors such as Javascript library conflicts. The best recommendation is to create a test site (on your server) with Joomla 1.5.22 and K 1.6.3 and nothing else - I mean, just the default installation of Joomla and don't change the template - and then see if polls work. If they do, then you know it's some mix of software on your live site that's causing the problem. If they don't then it's "something else".

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #3 by bikefred
I am having the same problem. I can see my new poll but it is not registering votes.
www.bikefred.com/index.php?option=com_ku...tid=4&id=5&Itemid=78

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 7M

Joomla default template details : js_fresh | author: Joomlashack | version: 1.0.3 | creationdate: June 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.4) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by bikefred. Reason: additional info

More
12 years 10 months ago #4 by frenostanco
I have the same problem: user votes but results are not registered, number of votes is alwais zero... :(

Please, can xillibit helps?
I have checked ol the raccomandations published by Sozzled about polls. But no results...

heeeeeelp!

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 3M

Joomla default template details : ja_purity_ii | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: 02/02/10

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.3

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Hello to everybody!

More
12 years 10 months ago #5 by frenostanco
Maybe I have found a little workaround...
Don't tell me why, but I have changed (in the Kunena configuration -> Plugin panel) the option "Single vote only" from "Yes" to "No":

And now seems to work. But now I have a new problem... one can vote many times, and I don't want this!

I think that there is a problem in the logic behind the options. If I set back the above parameter to Yes, then the "Vote" button is switched in "Change vote". So, when the poll starts, users cannot do anything... simply 'cause there is no vote to change if you cannot vote the first time. :S

Maybe should I leave the "Single vote only" to "No" and set "Maximum number of votes per user" to "1"? :unsure:
This could work?

Hello to everybody!
Attachments:

More
12 years 10 months ago #6 by xillibit
There are some issues reported with polls lately and i have fixed a couple of issues lately

When you said polls no registering votes, what's happen exactly ? Do you see errors messages or something else ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 10 months ago #7 by sozzled
The configuration settings in the images shown in frenostanco's post (#5) above are exactly the same values used here at www.kunena.org .

More
12 years 10 months ago #8 by wolfhound512

xillibit wrote: There are some issues reported with polls lately and i have fixed a couple of issues lately

When you said polls no registering votes, what's happen exactly ? Do you see errors messages or something else ?

Hi.
I have the same problem.
In the topic displayed results of the poll (all the zeros) and the link "Change your vote". If we go over it and vote, a message appears "Please wait before voting again". This is observed for all users.

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 16M

Joomla default template details : rt_maelstrom_j16 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: March 18, 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: UddeIm: The file doesn't exist uddeim.j15.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #9 by wilmy

wolfhound512 wrote:

xillibit wrote: There are some issues reported with polls lately and i have fixed a couple of issues lately

Hi.
I have the same problem.
In the topic displayed results of the poll (all the zeros) and the link "Change your vote". If we go over it and vote, a message appears "Please wait before voting again". This is observed for all users.

I have the same problem...

If I create a poll and set an end date then it gives this same error but if I set no end date then the poll acts normally.

Create a poll with end date

The poll shows this

Set no end date

The poll displays correctly

And I'm able to vote

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 16M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : thebasschallenge | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2011-04-13

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Third-party components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by wilmy.

More
12 years 9 months ago #10 by wilmy
Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

Time to create page: 0.721 seconds