Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question How to migrate from phpbb3 to kunena 1.6.2 and joomla 1.6?

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by Laivindil
Anyone have any thoughts on this. I am currently running joomla 1.5.22 and phpbb3 connected with jfusion, but it will be no problem(hopefully) to separate phpbb3 from the joomla/jfusion part. Is it possible to get converted all the way up to joomla 1.6 and kunena 1.6.2? I managed to get converted up to kunena 1.6 through the fireboard-method, but then I am stuck with joomla 1.5. I know there's a migrator to get to joomla 1.6 but then i am not sure if kunena would work...

What I would prefer to do is to do a clean joomla 1.6 install and migrate my phpbb3 forum stright to that install and have it be kunena :D

Anyone?
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
Have you tested Kunena 1.6 with Joomla 1.6? :unsure:
More
13 years 3 months ago #3 by Laivindil
Not yet, Does it work with J1.6 or do we have to wait for just another small update. Still there is no real way from kunena 1.6 with j1.5 to kunena 1.6 to j1.6 is there? or does migration script for joomla make everything go smooth:p
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
I haven't tested K 1.6.2 yet with Joomla 1.6 (I'm just a forum moderator - a user - like everyone else). One of my New Year's resolutions is to build my first J! 1.6 website. Because I've been totally occupied (most days I spend around 6-8 hours responding to questions on this forum) and the first stable public release of J! 1.6 only occurred yesterday, this is all very new stuff.

The developers are flat out busy at the moment working on the finishing touches of Kunena to work with J! 1.6. K 1.6.2 is the first release of Kunena that will operate with J! 1.6 but it may not totally utilise all of the features of J! 1.6. If there are features of J! 1.6 that you are expecting to work for you, it's up to you to test to see whether K 1.6.2 will meet those needs. We strongly recommend that all users have a test site to prove whether their expectations will work in a live implementation of the software that they are intending to use.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 3 months ago #5 by Laivindil
I cannot seem to install the current kunena version to joomla 1.6 :S error in uploading :/
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled
I'm sorry, it's one day after the official release of J! 1.6 stable, I haven't been to the Joomla website yet, and I don't know enough about J! 1.6 to be able to respond to this question. So, for the time being I have done two things.

(1) I am temporarily locking this topic until we asses the situation as far as J! 1.6 and K 1.6.2 is concerned.

(2) I have created new topic called J! 1.6 and K 1.6.2 - tell us your success stories ... so that other people can share their experiences.

The short answer to your question - "Is it possible to convert my phpBB3 forum to K 1.6.2 running in J! 1.6.0" - is I personally do not know. I do not know if it possible to convert directly from phpBB3 to K 1.6.2 (even without the added complications of Joomla 1.6).

So, while this topic can bounce back and forth without really being able to give you any help, let's deal with one issue at a time.

I am really trying my best to help you.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 3 months ago #7 by severdia
Kunena has been running on development releases of Joomla 1.6, but there have been a lot of changes in the final days leading up to last night's final release. So the Kunena 1.6.3 update will focus on Joomla 1.6 compatibility.

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com
Time to create page: 0.518 seconds