Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question SMF 2 RC4 → K 1.5 → K 1.6: user login problems

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #1 by leo_s_smith
So after a lot of effort i managed to migrate from smf 2 rc4 to kunena 1.5 and then upgrade to 1.6
Here comes the problem..everything seemed to work ok till i startet to get reports for login problems.It seems that some users after changing password or something in their profile, they get corrupted or something.

When they try to login they get this: E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS
Another problem is that i cant find them in the joomla user list. However they are in the database in all the tables they were supposed to be (jos_user,kunena_user,core tables)

Any help? it is starting to get annoying!

After a bit of investigation, the whole problem happens when a user tries to login straight from the login form of the forum and not from the joomla login form.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to reflect better the issues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, leo, and welcome to Kunena.

As you probably know, Kunena does not perform any tricks with user registration or login. Kunena just uses whatever Joomla uses for user registration or login although you can install third-party software to assist with user registration and login, if you want. I think we need to identify what it is that is generating these E_NOLOGIN_ACCESS messages. Is it Kunena or is it something else? From the looks of things, I would say that this is more of a language file problem which may have been caused by a faulty installation of Joomla or of Kunena (I don't know).

It would probably help you (and others trying to help you) if you provided us with your K 1.6 configuration report. Do you think you could do that for us, please?

There are 6 tables that hold user information (excluding the Kunena tables):

jos_core_acl_aro
jos_core_acl_aro_groups
jos_core_acl_aro_map
jos_core_acl_aro_sections
jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map
jos_session

More
13 years 4 months ago #3 by leo_s_smith
Here's the config of kunena

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : yoo_expo | author: YOOtheme | version: 5.5.0 | creationdate: December 2010

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.1)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

I dont really mind about the missing language. my main problem is that after the "random" event happens, the user cannot login and he disapears from the joomla user list.However he is still on the above mentioned tables. That happened to 4 users and they all reported that happened during updating profiles, posting a new topic or just login in.

Im using the default login form of joomla

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
It might help for someone to see if they can reproduce the symptoms that your users have reported. Have you tried this yourself (using a test account, for example)?

I see that you are using Joomla with "legacy mode" enabled. Please see the very important information about Legacy mode and take action to remove your dependence on whatever unsupported software that you are running that requires you to be running legacy mode. Kunena 1.6 has not been tested for legacy mode. It is in your interests to remove your dependence on legacy mode now, before you have problems later.

More
13 years 4 months ago #5 by leo_s_smith
Ok i will try removing the legacy mode.

As far i managed to reproduce the error couple of times.

Scenario 1) login on using the login form of kunena
Result: After a few connections i got the error and the user dissapeared from the joomla list.

Scenario 2) I updated the profile of the test user but instead of inserting password in both Pass and verified textfields i only inserted to one textfield.

Each time same thing. User cannot login.(in the second case it didnt delete the user from the joomla user list)

More
13 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled
It might help if we had a test account on your website where we could look at the symptoms for ourselves. Could you arrange that for us, please. You can post the information here using the confidential tags (only the forum moderators can see the information) - for example:
Code:
[confidential]Username: Password:[/confidential]
There are various other possibilities that we have not yet considered, too. For instance, you may have a problem with the database where you imported the user tables. Are you sure that you copied across all the user tables (as I listed them in my earlier post)?

More
13 years 4 months ago #7 by leo_s_smith

Yes im sure everything is copied fine.As i already told you the users work fine after the migration. (backup on the database at that point) After a while though, existing users that do something from the above mentioned, are dissapeared from the joomla user list and can no longer connect.

More
12 years 11 months ago #8 by leo_s_smith
after a while using the kunena system it seems that old users from smf have some problems when changing their profile. in more details the problem is that the joomla profil gets corrupted. to overcome this you have to change the old user to nickname1 (from nickname) an create a new user in joomla. then replace the old user id in the table kunena_users with the new id an the user is back.i know this is just and walk around solution but it works 100% hopefully the problem while be soon found and resolved.

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds