Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question ArtOfUser integration

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by graewulf
I'm sure this is a noob mistake that I am making, but nevertheless I cannot make this thing work. I have created a new group in ArtOfUser, assigned the additional group to a member, and assigned the group to a category in Kunena 1.6.1. When the member logs in, they do not see this restricted category on their list.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: ArtOfUser integration
G'day, graewulf, and welcome to Kunena.

Have a look at Artof User, perhaps? . I don't know if this solution helped in this case because the peson who started the topic never returned to the forum to say that they had things working. Could you please let us know how you go with this suggestion?

More
13 years 4 months ago #3 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Aw: ArtOfUser integration
Please look here:

"Forum Configuration > Integration > Access Control" and choose JXtended.
www.kunena.org/forum/36-german/69480-gel...it=10&start=10#69721
The following user(s) said Thank You: graewulf

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by MacJoomla
Replied by MacJoomla on topic Re: ArtOfUser integration
After adding and configuring your groups an permissions in ArtofUser go in backend to the Kunena Forum "synchronize users" and choose first point "clear user cache" Then go to the forum preferences tab "integration" and choose from popup the way you want the permissions to handle. In case of ArtofUser you have to choose "JXtended" in Kunena 1.6.1.

good luck, macjoomla
The following user(s) said Thank You: graewulf

More
13 years 4 months ago #5 by graewulf
Replied by graewulf on topic Re: ArtOfUser integration
Thank you for all the help. Once I changed the access control and cleared the cache the member was able to see the restricted forum.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #6 by graewulf
Replied by graewulf on topic Re: ArtOfUser integration

sozzled wrote: G'day, graewulf, and welcome to Kunena.

Have a look at Artof User, perhaps? . I don't know if this solution helped in this case because the peson who started the topic never returned to the forum to say that they had things working. Could you please let us know how you go with this suggestion?

Thanks, I had seen this previously (and it was helpful), but it was missing the piece on the access control and clearing the cache.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by graewulf. Reason: forgot to quote the original

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #7 by korkunov
Replied by korkunov on topic Re: ArtOfUser integration
Also in ArtOf User must install the Parent Group not less than Registered.
If the ParentGroup set to PublicFrontEnd then this group is in Kunena not appear !.

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds