Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Not able to upload a file

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by stacydmeyer
For some reason the add file button does nothing when clicked. Everything else works fine.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : gamerlife | author: JoomlaXTC | version: 1.2.2 | creationdate: 2010-07-11

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 1.8.11) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC1) | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

What browser do you using ? Do you have tried with others browsers ?

The bbcode toolbar is diplaying ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by xillibit.

More
13 years 4 months ago #3 by stacydmeyer
Was using Firefox. Just tried on IE and it doesn't work there either. BBcode works on Firefox but on IE it's gone.

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
Suggestions for you (not answers):

(1) You are using Legacy Mode. Kunena 1.6.x has not been tested with legacy mode. Please read the important information about Legacy Mode and take action now to eliminate your dependence for it ... before you have problems in the future.

(2) It's unusual, but not uncommon, for things to work in Firefox and not to work in Internet Explorer. It may depend on what version of IE you are using. IE9 (still in beta test) is very buggy and should never be used when evaluating live operational problems. IE8 (when run in compatibility mode) produces different results to IE7. If you see a problem when you use IE8 in compatibility mode then you should disable it for your website.

(3) We cannot see for ourselves whether the missing BBcode and loss of upload functionality is browser-related (or what might be affecting things) because you need to be posting a message to reproduce the symptoms. To do this we would need a test account on your site. Could you organise that?

(4) These problems may be the result of some other Joomla extension running on your site (for example, a third-party SEF tool or possibly the site template, or one of its addons). Do you have a test site, that mirrors exactly the symptoms of your live site and can you disable other Joomla extensions (including the site template) to ascertain if any of these things is contributing to your Kunena problems?

(5) I've seen this problem before. Have you tried searching this forum (use as many different keywords as you like) TipL confine your search just to K 1.6 categories.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stacydmeyer

More
13 years 4 months ago #5 by stacydmeyer
I'm going to create a clone site and see if I can figure this out. I have my suspicions that it might just be the template. I think it loads JQuery. I hope I'm wrong but I'll see I guess. Thanks for the great suggestions though. If I can't figure this out, I'll be more than happy to get you a test account to have a look. ... Wish me luck!

More
13 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled
Yes ... good luck. Make sure you get rid of that rotten legacy mode "boat anchor", too. ;)

Tip: you can run jQuery but it has to be loaded in a very special way.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #7 by data
Replied by data on topic Re: Not able to upload a file
Hi

I have a similar problem too. Was using 1.6.0 and just upgraded to 1.6.1 and the same problem persist.

When I click ADD, i can pick the file, click Open, and then the field shows empty. When i click submit, the file gets submitted

However, this feature works well in this forum! Hmm.

I've tried it locally, and live on a website, still no effect. :dry:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : rhuk_milkyway | author: Sherman Yap | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: 11/20/06

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 1.8.8) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by data.

More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by stacydmeyer
My problem is due to JoomlaXTC's thememagic templates. They are currently fixing the problem in all templates by removing the thememagic which runs Jquery. My template is next and should be ready soon. Then I'll have no conflict with Kunena!

More
13 years 4 months ago #9 by sozzled
Thanks for letting us know, stacydmeyer

More
13 years 4 months ago #10 by sozzled
Re msg #7 above.

Please see I have the same problem ... and Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP) . Although you are using a different template, the clue to this problem probably lies in the running of jQuery.

Are you running jQuery?

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds