Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question 500 - No valid database connection

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by zaitx
When i wont to remove topic or post this error shows up:

500 - No valid database connection

any idea why?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
I think there is more to the message that you have not revealed. Could you please post the whole message accompanying the "No valid database connection" error?

Could you also please provide you K 1.6 configuration report. Thank you.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #3 by zaitx
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : 123wd-j15-10 | author: 123WebDesign.com | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 05/2009

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Installed (Version : 1.5.12) | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.0)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Screen with error its in Attachments.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by zaitx.

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
I don't have any particular explanation as to why this issue occurs on your website. One possible explanation is that there is some database timeout. Does this problem occur consistently - all the time - or only occasionally?

If the problem does not occur all the time then I would refer your question to your webhosting provider. Perhaps they might have a suggestion that will help. If you do not get a satisfactory response from your webhosting provider, you might consider looking at another provider to deliver you a more reliable service.

Here are some results from Google that might assist you.

More
13 years 4 months ago #5 by zaitx
Problem shows up after last update.

More
13 years 4 months ago #6 by zaitx
and one important thing posts are getting deleted but with error

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #7 by hansiii
I have the same problem, after upgrade form 1.5.13

here the error in debug mode
Code:
Die Seite kann nicht angezeigt werden, weil: 1. Ein veraltetes Lesezeichen 2. Eine Suchmaschine hat einen veralteten Index der Website 3. Eine falsche Adresse 4. Kein Zugriff auf diese Seite! 5. Die angefragte Quelle wurde nicht gefunden! 6. Während der Anfrage ist ein Fehler aufgetreten! Bitte eine der folgenden Seiten ausprobieren: * Startseite Bei Problemen ist der Administrator dieser Website zuständig. No valid database connection: Call stack # Function Location 1 JSite->dispatch() /homepages/16/1111769/htdocs/xxx.de/cms/index.php:68 2 JComponentHelper->renderComponent() /homepages/16/1111769/htdocs/xxx.de/cms/includes/application.php:124 3 require_once() /homepages/16/1111769/htdocs/xxx.de/cms/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:162 4 KunenaApp->__construct() /homepages/16/1111769/htdocs/xxx.de/cms/components/com_kunena/kunena.php:856 5 CKunenaPost->display() /homepages/16/1111769/htdocs/xxx.de/cms/components/com_kunena/kunena.php:493 6 CKunenaPost->delete() /homepages/16/1111769/htdocs/xxx.de/cms/components/com_kunena/funcs/post.php:979 7 CKunenaPosting->delete() /homepages/16/1111769/htdocs/xxx.de/cms/components/com_kunena/funcs/post.php:440 8 CKunenaTools->reCountBoards() /homepages/16/1111769/htdocs/xxx.de/cms/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.posting.class.php:677 9 JFDatabase->query() /homepages/16/1111769/htdocs/xxx.de/cms/components/com_kunena/class.kunena.php:266 10 interceptDB->setRefTables() /homepages/16/1111769/htdocs/xxx.de/cms/plugins/system/jfdatabase/jfdatabase_inherit.php:642 11 interceptDB->_getFieldCount() /homepages/16/1111769/htdocs/xxx.de/cms/plugins/system/jfdatabase/intercept.jdatabasemysql.php:225 12 JError->raiseError() /homepages/16/1111769/htdocs/xxx.de/cms/plugins/system/jfdatabase/intercept.jdatabasemysql.php:79 13 JError->raise() /homepages/16/1111769/htdocs/xxx.de/cms/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:171 14 JException->__construct() /homepages/16/1111769/htdocs/xxx.de/cms/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:136
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by hansiii.

More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled
G'day, hansiii, and welcome to Kunena. Thank you for your input to this topic. Perhaps you can shed more light on the problem than zaitx has done?

HTTP 500 errors are particularly difficult ones to diagnose. They can be caused for all kinds of reasons. The usual reason for HTTP 500 errors is that your website is running some software that is defective (in other words, that is just plain wrong). It may be defective in many ways: it could contain syntax errors, for example, or it might be software that was written a long time ago for some particular purpose and something has changed on your website and those conditions no longer exist.

One way (I'm not saying that this is the only way) that you can generate HTTP 500 errors, is to use a Joomla extension that was developed for J! 1.0 component and you've changed that component. But we're getting off-track.

I want to know the answer to one simple question; it's a question that has not yet been answered.

Does this error occur every time you try to use Kunena? Does the error occur consistently or does it only occur sometimes? If the error only occurs sometimes, but not always, do you know how we can reproduce these symptoms?

To assist in this diagnosis of problems, simply saying I have the same problem is not always very helpful. It would be helpful if you would include your K 1.6 configuration report. Could you do that, please?
The following user(s) said Thank You: hansiii

More
13 years 4 months ago #9 by hansiii
Hello,

the problem is only if i delete a Message but then every time.
If i do it twice on a Post then the post is delete e.g i see the error twice.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50000 seconds | Max execution memory: 40M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : jsn_epic_pro | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 4.0.0 | creationdate: November 2010

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 4 months ago #10 by xillibit
Do you using Joomfish 2.1.5 ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.588 seconds