Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Attachment Thumbs

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by misterpat
Attachment Thumbs was created by misterpat
Hello all!

I noticed in the settings for generating thumbs for uploaded images. I saw it said it would show them dependent on the theme.

I tried searching the forums for were in the theme that is specified, but to no avail.

So, My question is, where in the theme files can I edit it to show the thumbs of the attachments and once clicked, the full size in a lightbox?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Attachment Thumbs
This may or may not be a browser-related issue. Do you see evidence of this issue here at www.kunena.org ?

More
13 years 4 months ago #3 by Laacis
Replied by Laacis on topic Re: Attachment Thumbs
in \components\com_kunena\template\default\css\kunena.forum-min.php
look in there something like:
Code:
div.kmsgtext img { max-height: 800px; (by def,i had 800)

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by misterpat
Replied by misterpat on topic Re: Attachment Thumbs

sozzled wrote: This may or may not be a browser-related issue. Do you see evidence of this issue here at www.kunena.org ?

Wow, quick response! Thanks!

lets see. I am going to upload a test image.

Attachments:

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #5 by misterpat

Laacis wrote: in \components\com_kunena\template\default\css\kunena.forum-min.php
look in there something like:

Code:
div.kmsgtext img { max-height: 800px; (by def,i had 800)

Thanks!

I changed that to:
Code:
div.kmsgtext img { max-height: 480px;

and it did resize the images down. Only thing is they opened up in the lightbox the same size.

Display on the forums is 640x480 with a lightbox of 640x480.

In my control panel I have it set to resize all images down to 800x600 and create thumbs at 640x480.

Sozzled,

That image loads on the forums(Kunena) here at approx 800x600ish and the light box is 1024x768ish.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by misterpat.

More
13 years 4 months ago #6 by Laacis
Replied by Laacis on topic Re: Attachment Thumbs
Maybe change it to bigger? i have put there 2000 , and i have all working nice with that :)

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #7 by misterpat

Laacis wrote: Maybe change it to bigger? i have put there 2000 , and i have all working nice with that :)

Tried that. It loads the pics at 800x600.

Let me post my configuration settings. Maybe I screwed up. :ohmy:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : subblack | author: dragmen | version: 1.1 | creationdate: 11/11/2008

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.1)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by misterpat.

More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by misterpat
I was looking through the code and found this in kunena.attachments.class.php
Code:
function _get($attachments) { $ret = array(); foreach ($attachments as $attachment) { // combine all images into one type $attachment->shorttype = $this->isImage($attachment->filetype) ? 'image' : $attachment->filetype; $attachment->shortname = CKunenaTools::shortenFileName($attachment->filename); switch (strtolower ( $attachment->shorttype )) { case 'image' : // Check for thumbnail and if available, use for display if (file_exists ( JPATH_ROOT . '/' . $attachment->folder . '/thumb/' . $attachment->filename )) { $thumb = $attachment->folder . '/thumb/' . $attachment->filename; $imgsize = ''; } else { $thumb = $attachment->folder . '/' . $attachment->filename; $imgsize = 'width="' . $this->_config->thumbwidth . 'px" height="' . $this->_config->thumbheight . 'px"'; }

But my forum, and this one too, is loading the larger file even though the thumb is there. (I checked)

Any ideas?

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds