Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Move Post Issue

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #1 by Troneas
Move Post Issue was created by Troneas
my forums are displaying the author of the post as the one who moved it instead of the moderator who actually moved the topic.

So instead of having Moved By: (name of moderator who moved the post)

i get

Moved By: (name of the OP)

how can i fix this?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : game_crusade | author: Shape5.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: December 2009

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Installed (Version : 1.5.12) | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2.2) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.1)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC3) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Troneas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Move Post Issue
Hello,

This is a known issue and it will be fixed in k1.6.2

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #3 by Troneas
Replied by Troneas on topic Re: Move Post Issue
just a heads up still not working in 1.6.2

thnx.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Troneas.

More
13 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Move Post Issue
I don't understand the problem.

The author of the post is always the author of the post.

Let's see if we can properly understand the issue.

Q: When does the caption "moved by" appear?
A: When you move a topic by leave a "shadow copy" behind.

Is my answer right or not right? Please let me know so that I can properly understand the problem and how to reproduce the symptoms of the problem. Thanks.

More
13 years 3 months ago #5 by Troneas

sozzled wrote: I don't understand the problem.

The author of the post is always the author of the post.

Let's see if we can properly understand the issue.

Q: When does the caption "moved by" appear?
A: When you move a topic by leave a "shadow copy" behind.

Is my answer right or not right? Please let me know so that I can properly understand the problem and how to reproduce the symptoms of the problem. Thanks.

the problem is when a moderator moves a post - the "moved by:" will show the name of the author of the post, instead of the moderator who moved the post.

and yes, it happens when you leave a shadow copy behind.

More
13 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Move Post Issue
Thank you. Yes, you are quite right. Look at www.kunena.org/playground/main and you will see the topic "test today" which I moved that shows the wrong information.

Evidently there needs to be a bit more work done to solve this issue. :laugh:

More
13 years 3 months ago #7 by Troneas
as i recall, it used to work well in 1.6.0. (or was it 1.5.x?) can't remember. but i noticed it broke in 1.6.1.

More
13 years 3 months ago #8 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Move Post Issue
Do you have tried under K1.6.2 ? I had fixed this issue somewhere in this version.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 3 months ago #9 by Troneas

xillibit wrote: Do you have tried under K1.6.2 ? I had fixed this issue somewhere in this version.

yes. i am using 1.6.2 now (copying configuration settings below). it seems sozzled also verified this.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : game_crusade | author: Shape5.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: December 2009

Kunena default template details : Aphotic | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-23-09

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.2 | Build: 3894 | Version name: Team | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Installed (Version : 1.5.13) | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.1)

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 2 months ago #10 by Troneas
update: still broken in 1.6.3

Time to create page: 0.615 seconds