Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question New user showing as Administrator

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by Mr Livered
My first new user since the upgrade to 1.6.1 has registered this evening, and I note that on his posts and profile it says "Administrator". In the Joomla User Manager he was marked as "Registered" as you would expect.

Concerned about security, I have just registered a test account and the same thing happened - my new account is marked as as admin - but to my relief I'm not seeing any ip addresses or moderator tools when logged in with that account, so I presume it's just a display issue.

Nevertheless, it's strange. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Hmmm .. quite strange. Have you made any customised changes in the Kunena Ranks Manager? Maybe it's just the default "rank". I think I saw this, once upon a time, in one of the early versions of Kunena (K 1.5.something) but I don't remember now. Odd. :S

The main thing is that new users don't actually have moderator/administrator privileges. That's something you can easily verify at the back-end.

I wonder ... check the Joomla Global Configuration settings: New User Registration Type = ?????

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #3 by Mr Livered
Sozzled, I am quite certain that I am not alone in recognising you as a Kunena legend B)

It's not a Joomla issue, however; as I said before, new users are still set to be "Registered" in Global Configuration, and this appears to be working correctly in that the Joomla user manager recognises new members as Registered.

Kunena, on the other hand, whilst it appears to be treating new users as ordinary users, as it should (no moderation tools are shown, nor can they see ip addresses), their rank is *displayed* as moderator.

For the time being I have disabled ranking, but I am assuming it is a Kunena issue, and any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :)
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Mr Livered.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
Without looking at your website or the backend of your website I really don't know. I've not encountered this problem before with K 1.6 - I don't think anyone has! How do you suggest we should proceed? (I'm not trying to be "funny", I'm seriously asking you for your ideas.)

Your configuration report would be helpful. It might also help to know something of the history. I know you were a K 1.5 user and I'm assuming that this wasn't a problem before. I am assuming that you went straight from K 1.5.x to K 1.6.0 and then you went to K 1.6.1. Is that right or was there an intervening step that I missed?

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #5 by RolandDeschain
Oddly enough I have begun to see this behavior in the latest site that I developed and the owner wants it fixed asap. Should I create a new thread here or butt into this one?

Thanks and cheers

*EDIT*

SOLVED - the site owner had set the 1st rank to start at 25 posts... I set it to 0 and problem solved.

Kunena absolutely rocks!!!
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by RolandDeschain.

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds