Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Emoticons bugging thread?

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by nilshunt
Hi there, I am using your forum and I really enjoy it - only thing missing in my opinion is a PMS included in the installation! :)

Anyhow, to my problem..

Today I was playing around with the settings etc., and when it came to writing threads looking for errors, I found out that the thread will not show (blank page) when you post too many emoticons! I turned the emoticons off, and could see thread without a problem, turned them back on and the blank page is there again. Is this normal, and is there a fix for it (anything, like telling poster that he posted too many emoticons or something)? :)

Thanks in advance,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
How many emoticons are "too many"? You can test, for yourself, the behaviour here in the Kunena Feature Playground . I've never heard of this happening before.

There could be many explanations for this uncommon behaviour. It may assist us to know your configuration settings. Could you please provide us with your K 1.6 configuration report ?

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by nilshunt
Well, kinda spammed it... but only to try, you never know! Is there a way to limit the amount of smilies? I did about 10 rows in one post, and then another 10 in a reply, that's when the page just goes blank when I click on the topic.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.1)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
Yes, there seems to be a defect here. I tried the same thing myself - if you post a few hundred emoticons then it seems to break Kunena. Thanks for the report. I'll refer the matter to the development team.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by nilshunt
Ah I see. Is there no temporary fix? Like setting a limit to a certain number of emoticons?

More
13 years 3 months ago #6 by vividdigitaltech
Has a workaround been found for this problem? We're having problems with people purposely breaking the site now that the "trick" has been discovered. Any way to limit the smilies?

More
13 years 3 months ago #7 by xillibit
I thought that it was fixed, what kunena version do you using ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 3 months ago #8 by vividdigitaltech

More
13 years 3 months ago #9 by milas
Replied by milas on topic Re: Emoticons bugging thread?
i just tested on playground an it broke topic it is now blank page

More
13 years 3 months ago #10 by sozzled
Thanks for the report.

As a workaround, turning off emoticons will allow you (and your users) to see the Kunena page. It will also allow you, as an administrator/moderator, the opportunity to edit the offensive post - to deleted it, if you think that it's a deliberate attempt to sabotage your forum - and to take direct action to inform the user that this kind of behaviour or "trickery" will have consequences.

I have added an item to the tracker (#24379) for those interested in following this.

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds