Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [SOLVED]You are not allowed to change your name!

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by irage
Hello,

just want to let you know about issue I had with one of my users today. She had trobles posting new topics or replying old ones with following error:

name: You are not allowed to change your name!

I've searched the forum but found nothing and started trobleshooting the issue by myself. I have two languages installed on my site and if the user has not specified the language exactly in a profile and just used the default language - the error comes up. However after she specified the language everything was working fine.

For me it looks like empty params field in the jos_users table causes the issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by pacbrother
Hi,

I'm with the same problem as well. Using joomla 1.5.22 and kunena 1.6.1. I tried look at the language configuration, but its configured right.

Curious, the topic is marked as [solved] but there is no replies. Hope someone can help us.

Thanks in advance,
Bruno

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #3 by pacbrother
Hi,

One of the users on my site reported an error when posting messages on the forum:

name: You are not allowed to change your name

I was looking here in the kunena support, but just found one message marked as solved without replies. The user on this message told about empty language parameter in jos_users, I checked but it didnt work for me.

Where is the problem?

Thanks in advance
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve the relevance in searching

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

Can-you put please here the Kunena report configuratio nsettings ?

Is this user is logged or not logged ?

And you are able to reproduce the issue ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #5 by pacbrother
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : gk_quay | author: Robert Gavick - GavickPro | version: 1.1.0 | creationdate: 10/11/2009

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 1.8.11) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

With my own login it works good and there are other users that it works good as well. But I reproduced the error using the login and password of the user that reported the error, you can do the same:

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #6 by Diaspro
Happened to me the same thing with this Forum! I made an initial registration and when I tried to write a discussion on the support it gave me the following error:

name: You are not allowed to change your name

I had to register again and now everything works.

The registration data are
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: hide account information

More
13 years 4 months ago #7 by sozzled
Diaspro: please upgrade to K 1.6.1

More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by pacbrother
If you saw my Kunena Report Configuration, my installation already is 1.6.1

More
13 years 4 months ago #9 by sozzled
Thanks, pacbrother. My earlier message ( #5 ) was address to the user Diaspro, not to you.

More
13 years 4 months ago #10 by Diaspro

sozzled wrote: Diaspro: please upgrade to K 1.6.1

Apart from that. I was talking about the forum of www.kunena.org . I have encountered this error in this forum!

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds