Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Hide Deleted Posts

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #61673 by jjinks
Hide Deleted Posts was created by jjinks
I can't seem to get this to work.
I want to be able to delete a message and it goes to the trash without being counted or viewed in the front-end.
I unchecked the "Allow to moderator to view and restore deleted messages" box but doesn't seem to work.
Has anyone else noticed this bug?
I even tried changing my Joomla and Kunena group with no luck.

I want to thank anyone who can help me in advance.

This is my first complaint on this forum so otherwise, I love the component and the new version.
Keep up the good work!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 weeks ago - 16 years 2 weeks ago #61680 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Hide Deleted Posts
G'day, jjinks, and welcome to Kunena.

It's a bit difficult to help people when we don't know some fairly basic facts. What version of Kunena are you using? Could you please post your configuration report so that we can see what settings you are using?

As a moderator here, at Kunena.com, I have never seen this issue before, having deleted the occasional message or two. I'm not saying that you don't have a genuine problem; it's just that I've never encountered your situation before.
Last edit: 16 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #61735 by jjinks
Replied by jjinks on topic Re: Hide Deleted Posts
No problem:
Installed version: Kunena 1.6.0-RC1

Ahh, I never even noticed the configuration report.
Very good idea!

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0-RC1 | Build: 3173 | Version name: Kujadili | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 weeks ago - 16 years 2 weeks ago #61737 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Hide Deleted Posts
Hello,

Do you have tried to upgrade to Kunena 1.6 RC2 ?

If it's possible you need to disable register_globals and legacy mode.

Maybe a test account on your site will be helpful with the url of your site, use bbcode
This message contains confidential information
to let only moderators to see the information.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 16 years 2 weeks ago by xillibit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #61738 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Hide Deleted Posts
Thank you for sending us that report. I do not have a K 1.6 RC1 test system available to me so I can't say for certain whether your issue was a defect in that version or not. I recommend two immediate actions for you:

(1) Please read important information about Legacy mode and take steps to do something about it.

(2) Upgrade to K 1.6 RC2 which, I believe, will fix your problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds