Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Cannot change .css file permission

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by prre72
Hello Everybody,
I have tried to change the .css file to customize the template but i got an error saying that I have no permission to change the file. I have tried to set CHMOD 777 on the server but this is not allowed because the file are owned by the PHP user.
The hosting support told me that they can change it for me (from PHP to my FTP user but they asked me to verify if the software (Kenuna 1.6) files need to have PHP owner in order to work correctly.
Thank you forum...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by Cerberus
no you can set all the joomla files to be owned by your FTP account and this wont affect your site BUT you will need to get them to set the default user for php generated file to your FTP user and not apache.

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by Cerberus
I would like to clarify my earlier message:

You need to have your files owned by your FTP account. You should also have your webhost create your FTP account as the default user of php created files from your account.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by dovanmanh080485
i have problem like you. i dont know what happen.

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by Cerberus

dovanmanh080485 wrote: i have problem like you. i dont know what happen.

If you read my earlier message they tell you what needs to happen for this issue to be fixed. The issue is due to a badly setup php demon.

I previously had this issue when using Darkstar hosting but have now moved to bluehost and never had this issue with apache giving php generated file the wronmg permissions.

Can you tell us what hosting company you both are using ?

Time to create page: 0.880 seconds