Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Solved:] Name field missing - how to write anonymously or change name on posts?

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1 by Admata
I have Forum Configuration / Security:
  • Public Read/Write - Yes
  • Registered Users Only - No
  • Allow Nickname on Posts - Yes
And I still have no name field in Kunena 1.6 rc write window. Cannot input name anonymously or change it if I´m registered and signed in. Seems like a bug to me :unsure:
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Admata.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by LittleJohn
There is two possible scenarios.
1, Writing anonymously but needs to be logged in.
2, Writing anonymously without being logged in.

For the record, which one are you trying to do? :)

Also, have you enable anonymous writing in categories (you need to enable it pr. category in the admin category manager)..?

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #3 by Admata

LittleJohn wrote: There is two possible scenarios.
1, Writing anonymously but needs to be logged in.
2, Writing anonymously without being logged in.

For the record, which one are you trying to do? :)

Tried both with no luck, but wrtiting anonymously without being logged in is what I really need.

Also, have you enable anonymous writing in categories (you need to enable it pr. category in the admin category manager)..?

Very good point that I missed, but Forum Configuration / Allow anonymous messages: - Yes selection didn´t bring missing name field back and posting is still impossible :(

Are there some Kunena 1.6 rc users that are able to get working settings to write without being logged in? Or is it bug that needs some hack?

Edit: My forum Configuration Settings Raport is here:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 100 seconds | Max execution memory: 200M | Max file upload: 200M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0-RC1 | Build: 3173 | Version name: Kujadili | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Admata.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

To enable anonymous post you need to enable this setting :

When you will use the new topic tab, when you change the category, you will see or not the checkbox for anonymous posting.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Attachments:

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by Admata

xillibit wrote: Hello,

To enable anonymous post you need to enable this setting : ...

Hello xillibit. Thx for the picture. Done that :)

When you will use the new topic tab, when you change the category, you will see or not the checkbox for anonymous posting.

I do not see any checkbox after new topic button.

This is what I see when I´m signed in:

And this is what I see without signing in:

I simply don´t see how it is possible to write anonymously? All settings should allow that, but no. :S
Attachments:

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by xillibit
You need to be loggued and you need to have more than one category, when you choose on category, you will that if there anonymous allowed :

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Admata

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by Admata

xillibit wrote: You need to be loggued and you need to have more than one category, when you choose on category, you will that if there anonymous allowed :

Thx. I got it. You have to use Kunena menu tabs to start a topic :cheer:

But how about to write without being logged in? I can change 'New Topic' tab rights to public and that seems to work, but there seems to be no way to reply posts without being logged in?

I also think that there should be a way to write without being logged in by using buttons?

More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by xillibit
Write a post anonymously and write a post like a guest are two things differents.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9 by Admata

xillibit wrote: Write a post anonymously and write a post like a guest are two things differents.

Yes they are. My mistake in the topic. I´m not very good at describing things in english :blush:

However, to write a post like a guest is what I miss and what I need most. With Kunena 1.6 B2 I had no problems with that.

More
13 years 8 months ago #10 by Mortti
I reproduce Admata settings one of my test site (Public Read/Write - Yes,Registered Users Only - No,Allow Nickname on Posts - Yes and also enabled anonymous posting in one test category).

A picture tells, which might cause confusion for the users when they are not logged in the forum (two different ways) if someone use this kind of settings anyway :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Admata

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds