Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved [Resolved] RSS link in front page only

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1 by MetaMorph
Hello,

I'm migrating my current installation of Joomla 1.5.26 (with lots of extension, including Kunena 1.7.1) to Joomla! 2.5.4 using JUpgrade. The upgrade went fine, except that the Italian language hasn't migrated (but another upgrade to Kunena 1.7.2 fixed that).

I have another problem now: despite I enabled RSS in configuration (General -> Enable RSS feeds = Yes), they are shown in the forum home page only. In the old site there was a link in each page of the forum, and I could load a category-related RSS by simply visiting its page and clicking the RSS link at the bottom of the page.

I also noticed with Firebug that a placeholder per RSS feed is actually created:
Code:
<div class="krss-block"></div>
but this is still empty, whereas in the front page RSS links are something like:
Code:
<div class="krss-block"> <a target="_blank" rel="follow" title="" href="/davide/joomlatest/index.php/forum/rss?format=feed"> <span title="Ricevi gli ultimi messaggi direttamente sul tuo desktop" class="kicon krss"></span> </a> </div>

I attached Kunena configuration report below: be aware that the "server" is actually my laptop, using for testing the migration... so it will not be the final environment.

Thanks in advance if you could send feedback...

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ja_elastica | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: Feb 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8 | UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic RSS link in front page only
G'day, MetaMorph, and welcome to Kunena.

It's next-to-impossible for us to resolve Kunena issues (such as the one you've mentioned) on websites that are not accessible on the internet. This is a case of Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP) .

You may find that these problems only occur on a locally-hosted site and you may not have the same problems when you put the site on a properly setup server hosted by a service that does these things as part of their everyday business. It's something to consider.

Your configuration report shows that you Joomla menu (for Kunena) is not exactly "standard". I suggest you read How do I restore my Kunena menu? . What you have may work but, as I cannot see the site myself, I can't tell. Sorry.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by MetaMorph
Thanks for the very quick answer...

I tried to restore the Kunena Menu as suggested (I discovered now that he should have been used for creating aliases... I created a new menu item from scratch instead :blink: ), but this didn't work.

I'm planning to go online next Saturday: then I'll see if the problem will be fixed on its own, otherwise I'll post again here.

Again, thank you very much...

More
11 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
Can we see you updated configuration report, please, after you have made those changes?

Aside from that, I don't know what other help we can give you at this time. My guess is that when you go online next Saturday, there will be a lot more problems (unrelated to Kunena) for you to be worried about than this minor problem. That's I recommend that people should do their website development work online and not to use XAMPP because "localhost" development does not properly mimic the real world situation as you will encounter it later.

More
11 years 11 months ago #5 by MetaMorph
Here is the updated configuration report:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : ja_elastica | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: Feb 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8 | UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2

sozzled wrote: ... That's I recommend that people should do their website development work online and not to use XAMPP because "localhost" development does not properly mimic the real world situation as you will encounter it later.

That's what I usually do, but this time I had to perform the entire site migration, which would have not been so complex if I hadn't to migrate also tens of extending components and plugins. I also had to experiment something that could harm the live site, or simply didn't know how to do in a glance (such as template overrides, particular content migration procedures and so on). Working on the live site meant closing it for about 2 months, since there's still activity in there: that's why I preferred to work on a local copy, and to repeat all the operations on the live site when I'll be ready (obviously, I'm not making any system upgrade on the old site...)

Thanks again for your feedback...

More
11 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled
Dou you have any other menu items anywhere that have the same aliases as the ones you've setup for Kunena? Did you empty the menu trash, too? Have you read the Wiki article which discusses how to properly setup Joomla SEO?

Last but by no means least, the problem could most likely be caused by one of the many other Joomla extensions that you're also using. Also for you information, it's quite easy to setup hundreds of copies of a website - for example for the purposes of testing a Joomla migration or software upgrade - using the same web host as you currently use, with separate database tables, different domain names, whatever you like. There is no reason to try to replicate your live site on XAMPP because the operating conditions are totally different.

Good luck. You'll probably need it! :)

More
11 years 11 months ago #7 by LittleJohn
Hi

I think i found a bug which can cause this.

Can you try give Kunena 2.0 beta a testrun (on the same site) and see if its the same there?
Remember to take a full backup of files and database first, as there is no possibility to downgrade Kunena again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MetaMorph

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #8 by LittleJohn
It seems like its caused by an inconsistency across Joomla 1.5 and 1.6 and there is no easy fixing without major testing of the category permissions.
I doubt we will see any more 1.7 releases now as we currently put our efforts into Kunena 2.0 (where its fixed).

If you run a public forum where everyone may see everything you can experiment this by changing components/com_kunena/kunena.php line 777 from
Code:
if ($category->pub_access == 0
to
Code:
if ($category->pub_access == 1

Remember, this is on your own risk though.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by LittleJohn. Reason: Improper [code] tags
The following user(s) said Thank You: MetaMorph

More
11 years 11 months ago #9 by MetaMorph
Sorry for the late answer, today I had to start my "real" work :)

Dou you have any other menu items anywhere that have the same aliases as the ones you've setup for Kunena?

Do you mean "full alias paths", or simple alias names? I have only one "conflict": the alias "community/the-asocial-network/forum" (menu type: alias for Kunena Category index) in the Main Menu has the same name of "forum" (first entry in Kunena Menu).

Did you empty the menu trash, too?

I dropped the Kunena Menu directly before recreating it... and I had no Kunena menu items in "trashed" state (is the only state I could find, since I hadn't found a "Menu Trash" in Joomla 2.5).

Have you read the Wiki article which discusses how to properly setup Joomla SEO?

Well.. missing reading :blush: . But I tried different configurations, event disabling "SEF urls" doesn't work.

Can you try give Kunena 2.0 beta a testrun (on the same site) and see if its the same there?
Remember to take a full backup of files and database first, as there is no possibility to downgrade Kunena again!

Done... and ooops:

500 Internal Server Error
Fatal Error was detected!

Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare class JSMinException in components/com_kunena/libraries/external/cssmin/jsmin.php on line 371

The error was detected in the Kunena Component.

For support click here: Kunena Support

Go back

"Go back" is a link, if I select it I am prompted to reinstall or remove Kunena. I tried to reinstall, but I got the same error above. The same also occurs if I re-login in the Administration panel, and manually go to Kunena Administration.

I will see if it's really a "localhost" problem this week-end, if so I'll try the patch in the last post (luckily I have no restricted sections in my board)...

Thanks again for your support...

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #10 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic RSS link in front page only
Looks like we have yet another small issue to be fixed in Kunena 2.0 Beta1...
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Matias.

Time to create page: 0.622 seconds