Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Avatar image upload error

More
12 years 1 week ago #1 by obersnu
Hi, we're configuring Kunena forum on our Windows 2008 Joomla 1.5.22 web site and we receive this error.

JFile::copy: Cannot find or read file: 'C:\inetpub\php\uploaddir\phpFB85.tmp'
Failed to upload file 'avatar65.jpg': Could not move file into D:\Inetpub\testhoponbike/media/kunena/avatars/users/avatar65.jpg.

I think that the problem si in the path notation to image folder. Current path is D:\Inetpub\testhoponbike/media/kunena/avatars/users/ but it should be like this D:\Inetpub\testhoponbike\media\kunena\avatars\users\.

I checked folder permissions as suggested on this forum and they are correct.

Where can I change this path setting to make it work?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Luka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

What is your Kunena version ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 1 week ago #3 by obersnu
We use Kunena 1.7.2.

Web site is test.hoponbike.com/index.php/forum/index.html

L.

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #4 by obersnu
Also Configuration Settings in the attached file.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : HopOnBike_template | author: V.L. | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 10/23/08

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by xillibit.

More
12 years 1 week ago #5 by xillibit

obersnu wrote: I think that the problem si in the path notation to image folder. Current path is D:\Inetpub\testhoponbike/media/kunena/avatars/users/ but it should be like this D:\Inetpub\testhoponbike\media\kunena\avatars\users\.

Just type it in the windows explorer, you will see that it works.

Please disable legacy mode, if no extensions require it.

Please Upgrade Joomla! to 1.5.26.

You have changed the right on which directories ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 1 week ago #6 by obersnu
Updated Joomla to 1.5.26 and disabled Legacy Mode.

Permissions changed:
in PHP upload dir
in .\administrator\components\com_kunena
in .\tmp
in .\components\com_kunena
in .\media\kunena

Error still here :(

BR, L.

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #7 by sozzled
When I visited your site, I see that you have the following error (which you failed to mention anywhere): JFolder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths. This suggests that your server is likely misconfigured.

I don't know if the error text helps even the way it's written; Joomla isn't always particularly helpful with some of its error messages. Can you find out what directories are allowed in open_basedir? It's a PHP variable, so you can find it System Information in Joomla backend.

obersnu wrote: Permissions changed:
in PHP upload dir
in .\administrator\components\com_kunena
in .\tmp
in .\components\com_kunena
in .\media\kunena

I suggest that you change the permissions of all folders and all files. Please read Securing Kunena . Joomla recommends 755 for folders and 644 for files.

If you want SEF URLs on your site, please read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki.

If these tips do not help, I would also suggest that you remove your custom Kunena menu and try using the original Kunena menu. Please read How do I restore my Kunena menu?

99% of avatar image upload problems are the result of wrongly configured websites.
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: obersnu

More
12 years 1 week ago #8 by obersnu
Thank you for your answer it helped me sove my problem :)

Now it's OK.

L.

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds