Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Bug [Problem assumed resolved - no response from user] Threads are deleted

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #1 by stilpunkt
Hi guys,

were are using Kunena 1.7.2 with J2.5.3 as a closed member forum with two admins and one moderator.

The last three days we have deleted threads although none of us have deleted them.

They are not finally deleted so we are able to restore them.

But why are they deleted?

Thanks for your help.

Greetings Kai

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Threads are deleted
Hello,

Someone has delete it, because the threads can't be deleted alone.

If the reason why a log system should be usefull in this kind of case...

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #3 by stilpunkt
Replied by stilpunkt on topic Re: Threads are deleted
Thanks for your reply.

Is there a log system available in Kunena?

Is it possible to see who has deleted the threads?

Greetings
Kai
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by stilpunkt.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Threads are deleted
As much as it many people would like a logging system (of moderator actions) - see [Merged topic] Kunena moderator log - who did what to whom ... - there is no feature as such to do this in K 1.7.2. In fact (if you read the topic I have just referred to), this feature is not in scope for K 2.0 either.

Topics can be deleted by administrators or by moderators or even by the user who created the topic (if the administrator allows it in the configuration settings). We see that your topic was posted nearly two days ago in the K 1.7 Support category. I would ask you to read the posting guide printed at the top of this page and, if you had provided all relevant information, we may have been able to assist you to determine the likely sources of why certain messages seem to have been deleted. Without that information we are only guessing.

As I mentioned, there are many possibly reasons why topics (or posts) may be deleted; however there is no log system to positively attribute the actual cause. That's something we're looking into for the future.

It's my guess that you have allowed your users to delete their own posts. If a user's post is the first message in a topic then the whole topic is deleted. That's my guess at this time without seeing your configuration report.

More
12 years 30 minutes ago - 12 years 30 minutes ago #5 by sozzled
Last edit: 12 years 30 minutes ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds