Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question empty posts

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by ioanniskar
empty posts was created by ioanniskar
Hello,
I have Kunena 1.6.2 on a Joomla 1.5.20 website.

There is a problem with the posts including attachments.
The posts appear to be empty if there is an attachment in them.
Also the content of the post appears in edit mode so it's not been erased.

I understand Kunena 1.6.2 is no longer supported but I want to know if my problem is a known issue and there is a fix for that.
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: empty posts

ioanniskar wrote: I understand Kunena 1.6.2 is no longer supported but I want to know if my problem is a known issue and there is a fix for that.

Our recommended approach to fixing unsupported versions is to upgrade to a supported version. K 1.7.2 is supported.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #3 by ioanniskar
Replied by ioanniskar on topic Re: empty posts
I understand that but I have Joomla 1.5.20 and the latest Kunena doesn't support it.
I cannot upgrade Joomla at the moment so I was wondering if there is a solution for my problem.
Recently I installed Tapatalk for my site. Could this be the reason? I tried to remove it but this didn't fix it.
Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by ioanniskar.

More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
I suggest you look at what is preventing you from upgrading Joomla. I suggest that you upgrade Joomla and then you can upgrade to K 1.7.2. After doing these things you may find that your problems have been solved without having to do anything else. That's my advice. I hope this helps.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #5 by barcik
Replied by barcik on topic Re: empty posts
Hi,

On my site is similar problem. Kunena 1.6.4 plus Joomla 1.5.23. I can't migration from Kunena 1.6.4 to 1.7.2.
Problem is with cut long URL. When cutting long URL is enabled problem exist When is disabled all work perfectly.
Please see attachments.

[strike]And I have one more question. I want use some class to link. I found in kunena.parser.php file where bbcode "url" is change to HTML tags <a...> and </a>. I put class="***" and it isn't visible on the page. Where can I put it to be visible?[/strike]

BR
Bartosz
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: strike-out second, off-topic question

More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
Thank you for providing a workaround to solve your problem.

barcik wrote: I can't migration from Kunena 1.6.4 to 1.7.2.

What is preventing you from upgrading? K 1.6.4 is not supported.

More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by barcik

sozzled wrote: What is preventing you from upgrading? K 1.6.4 is not supported.

To much modification in code.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
Then, I'm sorry to say, you're not only stuck with this problem, you're also stuck with the 100+ other problems that have been fixed since K! 1.6.4 was released. This case is a good illustration of why people should be very careful modifying Kunena, having something blow up in their faces, and not able to get any support.

We recommend that, regardless of what "modifications" people may have made to their software, if they want support then they should first upgrade to the latest stable release of Kunena.

As imperfect as the "solution" may be, we have a workaround for people who have these "empty posts" issues thanks to what barcik wrote in msg #5 above. I think we can mark this case "resolved".
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #9 by barcik
Ok, THX for help
Solution for 1.6.4 users:
Find in file kunena.parser.php
Code:
$kunena_config->trimlongurlsback . '})))\1(.*)>\3?\5<\/a>/u', '<a href="\2" \9>\6...\8</a>', $task->text );
and replace
Code:
$kunena_config->trimlongurlsback . '})))\1([^>]*)>(http(s?):\/\/)?\5<\/a>/u', '<a href="\2" \9>\6...\8</a>', $task->text );
It's works.
Topic to close.
BR
Bartosz
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by barcik. Reason: Solution find

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds