Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] RokGZipper -> Forum not showing up correctly after 2.5 update

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #1 by desktoplaptop
My forum layout is all out messed up after doing a migration from 1.5 to 2.5. I have the latest kunena version installed and I have tried reinstalling once already.

Here is my configuration report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_nebulae | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: February 16, 2012

Kunena default template details : Aphotic II | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2010-12-30

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
Migrating from J! 1.5 to J! 2.5 is a whole book of problems that can only be properly addressed by seeking advice on the Joomla help forum .

In simple terms, however, we can only offer relevant advice if you are using a supported version of Kunena including any add-ons or templates that were written by the Kunena project. I am not familiar with the Aphotic II template or how it's "supposed" to look and, if you want help with that, you should address your question to the author of that template.

Have you tried using the Blue Eagle template and is the layout of Kunena on your site consistent with what you see here on this site? Perhaps the issues involve the Rockettheme template (designed for J! 1.6.4); have you asked Rockettheme if their template is compatible with J! 2.5.x?
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #3 by desktoplaptop
Yes It still shows up strangely witht he blue eagle template. I installed it locally using the rocket theme template and its fine on the local install and I swear when I updated kunena after the jupgrade migration everything was fine. Im not sure if its some kind of configuration setting that might have been turned on or turned off that has changed it.

this is what it looks now with the blue eagle template.
bloodpacthq.com/jupgrade/index.php/forum45/index

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #4 by desktoplaptop
It seems like there is something wrong with the CSS. Like the headers, buttons, and style layout is incorrect. I wouldnt mind doing a fresh install but I dont want to loose any of the current posts I have on the forum. If there was a way I could export all posts and info and then later import everything easily I would just uninstall and fresh install kunena.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #5 by sozzled
You should not have to re-install Kunena unless you suspect something went awry or if you made your own custom changes.

Please read K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide . Upgrading - same process is used when you re-install - Kunena preserves your database. You do not lose messages, category definitions, your forum configuration, if you follow the guide. Unless you choose the "fresh install" option, which deletes everything, you'll be OK. Make sure you take a backup first, just to be on the safe side. ;)

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #6 by desktoplaptop
yes sozzled i reinstalled just like i did previously it still didnt work. There has to be a way to fix this. The forum is all there the only problem is the style layout is wrong. Its not showing the different colors or buttons.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #7 by sozzled
I suggest that you read the sticky topic in this category and the reference it makes to My Joomla template is making a mess of Kunena . I hope that helps. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: desktoplaptop

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #8 by desktoplaptop
ok sozzled I went ahead and backed up from yesturday when I migrated and all was first working with the template and guess what. Kunena was working fine with the rockettheme template.

So I go through Each extension and install manually that the template would of installed and its the RokGZipper. Some kind of extension that tries to speed up the site by compressing CSS files. So that was what has been causing the problems all this time.

Im so angry that the last 9+ hrs of work is trashed but thanks for all you help.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #9 by sozzled
RokGZipper is responsible for all kinds of problems with Kunena. You're not the first person with this problem and you won't be the last. Tell Rockettheme about it.

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds