Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Idea J! 2.5 + K 1.7.2: Forum Configuration » Plugins » Userlist » Show User Type has no meaning

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by Kibosh
Hey all,

This is strange but in the userlist the type of the user is empty. In the configuration I have set the option to "Yes" under "Plugins" -> "Userlist" -> "Show User Type". It does show the title in the top of the table, but it does not enter the ranking of the users.

Any help is welcome because I don't know where to look at.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50 seconds | Max execution memory: 80M | Max file upload: 96M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoo_quantum | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.12 | creationdate: February 2012

Kunena default template details : Seven Nine Poker | author: Kibosh | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-12-30

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Discuss 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean. My understanding of what you wrote is, that if you set Forum Configuration » Plugins » Userlist » Show User Type = Yes, you do not see something like what is shown in the following image:

Have I correctly interpreted your question?
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Jiminimonka.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3 by Kibosh
Yes, you interpreted it correctly. I don't see the fields you surrounded.

www.seven-nine.be/index.php/forum/userlist
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Kibosh.

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
... and you don't see this when you use the standard, default (and supported) Blue Eagle template. Is that correct?

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by Kibosh
Yes, that is also correct. Tested it on my local wampserver.

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
My apologies. I should have remembered!

Joomla 2.5 does not define types of users - in fact the usertype field in the database is empty. There is one exception, however, and that is for super administrators where there is a user type "deprecated". Therefore, for K 1.7.2 and J! 2.5 the setting we are discussing is useless and has no meaning.

The option (Forum Configuration » Plugins » Userlist » Show User Type) has been omitted from K 2.0.

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by Kibosh
So if I understand correctly it is not possible to show the usertypes in the list?

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
The concept of usertypes is foreign to Joomla 2.5 and therefore it's not possible to show something that doesn't exist in Joomla 2.5. User "types" is a J! 1.5 concept.

The image I showed in msg #2 above was taken from a J! 1.5 website.

The setting Forum Configuration » Plugins » Userlist » Show User Type is meaningless in K 1.7.2 and J! 2.5. I hope that this clears up any confusion.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kibosh

More
12 years 2 months ago #9 by Kibosh
Ok, understood. Thank you for the fast support.

Time to create page: 0.561 seconds