Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Can't embed Liveleak videos

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by numerus
Hi,
At first thank you for great extension!
Second, i can't embed Liveleak videos. I can embed others videos, but Liveleak. Is it Kunena bug, or something other?
Thanks in advance.
Dino

Report Configuration Settings:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 90 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 200M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ja_nex | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: February 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: The file doesn't exist sh404sef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Stats 1.7.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2 | Kunena Search 1.7.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled

numerus wrote: I can't embed Liveleak videos. I can embed others' videos, but [not] Liveleak.

Thank you for your question. Although I have never attempted to use Liveleak videos and it's highly likely that no-one else on the testing team has tried to use Liveleak videos either - possibly for about the last two years of more - many of the so-called "allowed" video types don't work in Kunena and they haven't worked for a couple of years.

The problem is that I don't have a comprehensive list of which video providers' formats work and which ones don't. It looks as though this is a smally defect in K 1.7.2 but it has probably been that way for a very long time.

I don't think there is anyone on the Kunena development team who is familiar with this format - I could be wrong - and, under these circumstances we will need to carefully consider whether Liveleak videos will be supported in future. I would expect not.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this may be causing you.. Perhaps someone in the community, who shares an interest in Liveleak videos, may have a solution/workaround for you.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by Jiminimonka
I just tested this on my site, AllVideo from JoomlaWorks which is a free plugin for Joomla will work with LiveLeaks.

You need to put in curly bracket tags {liveleak}1234567{/liveleak}, where 12345567 is the LiveLeak video ID, into your Kunena post and it will work fine.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by numerus
Thanks Jiminimonka,
I have tested this plugin, but unfortunately this does't work for me. Joomlaworks all video plugin works fine for all other joomla components except Kunena.
I'm using latest Kunena (1.7.2) and default template.

More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by Jiminimonka
I am using AllVideos on my Kunena website and I have several types of videos working exactly how I stated, including Vimeo & Liveleak. This is on Kunena 1.7.2 with Aphotic Template (and it also works on Blue Eagle default template).

What happens when you insert the code as I posted it i.e.:
Code:
{liveleak}b94_1330113619{/liveleak}

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by numerus
Thank you Jiminimonka, it works now!

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds