Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question K 1.7.1 New post emailed to ALL USERS!

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by therang
For some reason all users are getting emails for new posts on my forum. They're not even set as moderators. I turned moderation off to try and stem the flow of emails and they're still getting them. I've had to switch my forum offline.

PLEASE HELP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
I've never heard of this before. Sounds like somehow everyone has subscribed to all categories. Are you sure everyone is receiving emails about every new post?

See posting guide printed at the top of this page. With more information we may know more about why this is happening.

Check the tables xxx_kunena_subscriptions and xxx_kunena_subscriptions_categories
The following user(s) said Thank You: therang

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by therang
Actually it's 423 users. I just checked kunena_subscriptions and it now has 423 subscribers. That definitely wasn't the case this morning. Can I just delete the entries in the table and get people to subscribe again as they wish?

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by therang
Ok I emptied that table and it still didn't make a difference. Another 400 odd emails went out saying A "new post has been made to a category to which you have assigned as moderator"

They're not assigned as a moderator in the backend or the DB table. Any ideas?

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
I don't understand why the emails are being sent with the text "a new post has been made to a category to which you have been assigned as a moderator." It's unusual that all your users would be assigned as moderators. That's something you can check with the Kunena User Manager feature in the backend Please see the posting guide, printed at the top of this page, for information that you should keep in mind when posting topics in this support category. Your configuration report may help.

It certainly looks as though your DB tables are a bit odd.

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by therang
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : yoo_streamline | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.5 | creationdate: January 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by therang
There's the config file sozzled. Any help would be much appreciated. I've had to take my forum offline whilst this is sorted out.

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by therang
Checked in backend and the recipients are not set to moderators.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9 by sozzled
Thanks. The config. report didn't actually help me (but it may help someone else). I would like you to try something simple. Set the Kunena config. back to the default values and see if it makes a difference.

Not sure if there's some complications arising from J! 1.7.3. Have you changed any J! 1.7.3 ACL settings? Perhaps your users are all being added with administrator privileges - this would explain the message they're getting in their emails.
The following user(s) said Thank You: therang

More
12 years 2 months ago #10 by therang
Default settings seem to have resolved it. Unless my email host has stopped emails automatically. After 600 emails per hour it shuts it down. We'll see in an hour or so.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds