Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Bug [Problem assumed resolved - no response from user] Moderator Status Overrides Group/Access Level Permissions

• Nihil
  • Nihil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
12 years 2 months ago #1 by Nihil
This is something i just confirmed. Giving someone moderator status over a section/the whole forum gives them access to those sections.

Section One - Must be Level 1 or higher to read/post
Section Two - Must be Level 3 or higher to read/post
Section Three - Must be Level 3 to read/post

Alice is in Level 2. She should be able to post in 1 and 2, but not 3.

If Alice is a global moderator she can read and post in Section 3, which she should not.

It makes sense that a global mod have global access. But remember that if you want someone to be able to moderate certain sections, or every section but one, you have to select those sections... not global.

i thought the section permissions would trump being a global moderator... but they don't. i suggest adding a line of text to the "Is Moderator" page to say that explicitly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
See the differences between global and category moderators, discussed in msg #2 of [Merged topic] How to assign a moderator in Kunena

Global moderators have global moderation privileges to all categories that they can access. I was not aware that, if a user does not have access to a category, being a global moderator gave them that access. Access is defined in the Kunena Category Manager. This is news to me. Maybe we should see your configuration report?

Nihil wrote: I suggest adding a line of text to the "Is Moderator" page to say that explicitly.

I this this is option is explicit on the K 1.7.1 User Manager » <user> » Moderation tab.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.335 seconds