Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Polls Not working

More
12 years 3 months ago #11 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Polls Not working
Migrating from J! 1.5 to J! 1.7 is s complex process. It could take you a couple of days to finish everything. If you have a couple of days, by all means, do it but that's not the main problem.

The first problem to deal with is why you are running legacy mode.

You have a J! 1.0 extension (a language, template, component, plugin or module) written for J! 1.0 installed on your system. You need to find that extension and remove it. The guide in Legacy mode is not a foolproof way to find these things; it's only a indication of what might not be compatible. Some J! 1.0 extensions show as "compatible" with J! 1.5 even though they're not. The list may not be complete, either.

Basically, look at what you have installed and look at the creation date of those Joomla extensions. Look for Joomla extensions with a creation date before 2009. Some items (written for J! 1.5) will have older dates (the rhuk_milkyway template, for example, is one of those things) so, again, this is only a rough guide as to what you need to look for.

Legacy mode was never fully supported by Joomla. If people are still running J! 1.0 extensions on their websites, then they should be aware of the risks involved in using those things. It's likely that problems you're having are caused by something other than Kunena. Let's eliminate this, first, as a possibility.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #12 by mmcdermott1
Replied by mmcdermott1 on topic Re: Polls Not working
Ok. I will try and figure that out.
I am assuming your talking about components, modules, plugins outside the "joomla project" ones. You mean third party ones correct? A lot of the default ones are from 2004
In terms of Joomla 1.5.25 are you saying I can stay at that version and still upgrade Kunena and community builder and that I dont have to go to 1.7?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by mmcdermott1.
More
12 years 3 months ago #13 by sozzled

mmcdermott1 wrote: I am assuming your talking about components, modules, plugins outside the "joomla project" ones.

Correct. I am talking about Joomla extensions. Items as old as 2004 pre-date J! 1.5 by several years. Those are the one that should be addressed first.

mmcdermott1 wrote: In terms of Joomla 1.5.25 are you saying I can stay at that version and still upgrade Kunena and community builder and that I dont have to go to 1.7?

Correct. See K 1.6 & K 1.7 Technical Requirements . K 1.7 is designed for J! 1.5 native mode and J! 1.7. Community Builder 1.7.1 falls into the same category as K 1.7.1. The version numbering is purely co-incidental.
More
12 years 3 months ago #14 by mmcdermott1
Ok. Just so I get this straight, even if they were components/modules/plugins that were part of the joomla install, they may be suspect? I have a bunch of them that were installed with the "Joomla Project" as the author so I assumed these were all ok.
Attachments:
More
12 years 3 months ago #15 by sozzled
I can't read that image. If you have plugins that were installed as part of J! 1.5 then they are probably OK. If you have installed something after you installed J! 1.5 then that's what you need to look at. The "Direct Access is not allowed" error means that you have a Joomla extension that was written for J! 1.0 installed on your site. You need to remove whatever it is that is giving this error when you disable the System - Legacy plugin. I don't think I can be any clearer than that.

We seem to have digressed a long way from your original question about why your polls are not working. Before attending to why Kunena doesn't work, let's get a known, stable Joomla basis. Removing legacy mode is one step in that process.
More
12 years 3 months ago #16 by mmcdermott1
Right, I understand the Legacy Mode issue..working on that.
Thanks for the help
More
12 years 3 months ago #17 by mmcdermott1
Well..it seems upgrading to 1.5.25 fixed the problem. I can now have more than 2 options in my polls.
I have not upgraded Kunena or CB yet but its working.

I deleted SO much stuff from components/mods/plugs yet I am still having the issue with legacy...another issue not for this thread..just letting you know. All but the built in joomla stuff and some Kunena stuff, everything is "2010" and later..so not sure what is causing it.

Anyway, thanks for your help on this issue.Very much appreciated. It does work now so my problem I had initially is resolved.
More
12 years 3 months ago #18 by sozzled
I'm closing and locking this topic.

There is no support for K 1.6.4. There is no support for CB 1.4. There is no support for Kunena Latest 1.6.4. If you have further problems, please upgrade these things first, check if the upgrades fixed the problems, and then start a new topic.

Your Legacy mode issues are outside the scope of this forum to resolve. We have shown you what you need to do. Perhaps the upgrade to J! 1.5.25 fixed the problem but I think you have other matters that need to be addressed.

Good luck (I mean that sincerely). :)
Time to create page: 0.522 seconds