Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Cannot add attachments in a topic

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by X-Bumble
Hi there,

Wonder if someone could please help me.

I have Kunena 1.6.4 installed on a website running Joomla 1.5.23.

When someone creates a new topic, they are unable to add an attachment.

If you click on the 'Add Attachment' field in the topic input form, it brings up a browser window so you can choose your attachment.

When I click on an attachment such as a PDF or a Word document, the browser window closes, but nothing is displayed in the 'add attachments' input box.

If I save the topic and view it, there is no attachment.

I have checked the kunena folder within the media folder and the attachments folder has the correct apache permissions and the chmod is set to 755.

If anyone could advise on what is going wrong I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
K 1.6.4 is not supported, sorry. See Cannot Upload FIle attachment, or image , read the entire topic but pay special attention to what is written in msg #2 (the first half of it) and #9. Because we do not know your configuration, anything else we write will be wild guesses.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by X-Bumble
Why is is not supported?

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by fairwea1
Can't you update to latest Kunena version?

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by X-Bumble
Yep - I was just curious that's all.

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds