Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Cant open forum category after update (K1.7.1)

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by Baze
Hi guys,

i've just realized that i cant open any forum category. Clicking on the name of the category shows "Kunena Internal Error: Please contact site administrator to fix this issue!" but clicking on any topic from the "Recent topics" tab works just fine.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 50M

Joomla default template details : ja_teline_iv | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2.4 | creationdate: 15 January 2011

Kunena default template details : A1 - Kunena 1.6 Template | author: TemplateKunena Team | version: 1.6.1 | creationdate: 2010-10-03

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1 | UddeIm 2.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Stats 1.6.2 | Kunena Login 1.6.2 | Kunena Search 1.6.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
We do not provide support for templates created by the TemplateKunena team. You should ask for help with that template by contacting the author of that template.

As far as "internal errors" are concerned, I suggest that you read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error and enable debug mode - details on how to do that are given in that article.

Looks to me that you have a clash in your Kunena menu. Please read the FAQs page (see the menu item at the top of pages on this forum) for How do I restore my Kunena menu? I think that will solve your problems.

You should also update Kunena Stats, Kunena Login and Kunena Search if you want to use those things. with K 1.7.1.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by Baze
Thanks for your reply sozzled, i've switched the template the first time i saw the error but it's not template related. Enabling the debugger shows:
Code:
500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '--jos_kunena_categories WHERE id='29'' at line 1 SQL=SELECT parent FROM --jos_kunena_categories WHERE id='29'

i'll look into the provided links and i'll let you know if i sort the problem.

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

What do you do to have this error ? Do you have upgraded Kunena ? Making changes on database ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by Baze
Just updated from 1.6.3 to 1.7.1 nothing changed on the database but i did encountered error while updating. The problem was with the jos_announcements table, i had to recreate it and everything went smooth.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
What happens when you enable Joomla and Kunena debug mode?

I still feel that the issue relates, in part, to the Kunena menu (but I could be wrong).
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by Baze
With debugging enabled when i try to open category (from Index) I get the following error:

500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '--jos_kunena_categories WHERE id='29'' at line 1 SQL=SELECT parent FROM --jos_kunena_categories WHERE id='29'

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by Baze
bump, i'm really stuck guys, any idea how can i sort this out?

More
12 years 2 months ago #9 by xillibit
This kind of query is used in two places : kunena.php (408) and router.php (334), check in these files if there is a query looking liek :
Code:
SELECT parent FROM --jos_kunena_categories WHERE id

instead of
Code:
SELECT parent FROM #__kunena_categories WHERE id

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baze

More
12 years 2 months ago #10 by Baze
in kunena.php on line 408 i had
Code:
$kunena_db->setQuery ( "SELECT parent FROM --#__kunena_categories WHERE id='{$catid}'" );

in router.php i have
Code:
$quesql = 'SELECT parent FROM #__kunena_categories WHERE id=' . ( int ) $vars ['catid'];

i've changed the code in kunena.php to
Code:
$kunena_db->setQuery ( "SELECT parent FROM #__kunena_categories WHERE id='{$catid}'" );

but i still got the same error, i've enabled debugging again and i still see:

500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '--jos_kunena_categories WHERE id='66'' at line 1 SQL=SELECT parent FROM --jos_kunena_categories WHERE id='66'

is there any other file having this line??

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds