Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Bug [Problem assumed resolved - no response from user] Image Upload kills Memory Limit 30M

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by Tiuz
Hello,

I'm trying to set up a new Joomla Homepage with Kunena Forum 1.7.1
When I try to Upload an image with 300kb, I get an Internal Server Error:
Code:
Fatal Error was detected! Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 31457280 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10000 bytes) in components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.image.class.php on line 357 The error was detected in the Kunena Component. For support click here: Kunena Support

My Memory Limit is set to 30M
and max upload files are 5MB at PHP.ini
max. image size is set to at Kunena 250kb with 1000x800

The image I'm trying to upload has a resolution of 2500x1600. So I guess Kunena tries to resize it to 1000x640 but needs more than 30mb to do so.
Does anybody has an idea how to fix it?

PS: I can'T increase Memory Limit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
Please read Improving Kunena performance . It helps, if you want a faster answer to your questions in the Support category, to read the posting guide printed at the top of this page and to give us more information that might explain why you have this memory problem.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by Matias
Resizing image in your case needs at least 2500*1600*3 + 1000*640*3 = 1000 = 14MB of memory, probably more. So about half of the 30MB goes only to file resizing, which leaves only 14-16MB to Joomla, Kunena and all your modules and plugins. That's barely enough, so I advice to raise the limit to 64MB to be safe.

If you cannot raise the limit, you need to lower memory requirements. That can be done either by removing all plugins and modules which aren't needed or disabling unneeded Apache and PHP plugins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rtenny

More
11 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled

Time to create page: 0.623 seconds