Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Kunena Latest Module Links

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by Crispy Beef
Hi,

We have the latest version of Kunena installed on our site using a custom menu. The problem we get is the "Using direct link to Kunena component" error message shows when we click from the links in the Kunena Latest module. Here is our setup...

Dashboard Page - Contains a number of modules displaying various data including Kunena Latest posts.
Forum Page - The Kunena forum. Works perfectly.

Our menu setup....

We have a single main menu with some of the menu items having sub-menus. Kunena is on of these. The Kunena main menu item is of type "Entry Page" - as explained in the Wiki - and has it's default set to the category index. There is a sub-menu position that displays all the Kunena menu items on the Kunana pages. As explained these menus work perfectly when navigating Kunena. SO happy there. :)

The problem is when clicking on a post from the Kunena Latest module on our "dashboard" page we arrive at the correct post but get the above error message and our sub-menu then does not display.

We have followed the guide about creating custom menus and also looked over the trouble shooting, but from what we can see we have done everything correctly.

This is a topic URL that is set by the Kunena Latest module (sef off while building)

/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=28&id=131&lang=en#139

I have also attached a screenshot of the menu structure.

Joomla version is 1.7.3 and Kunena version is 1.7.1.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, CrispyBeef, and welcome to Kunena.

Thank you for your very clear explanation of the problem and what you have done to attempt to resolve things yourself. I can't advise whether there is a defect or not with the Kunena Latest module but it certainly bears further investigation.

We ask all users to look at the posting guide (printed at the top of this page) when submitting requests to the Support category. You haven't done anything wrong but it would assist us if you could also include your configuration report so that we know what we're looking at. Information about how to do that is included in the posting guide I've just referred to.

You might also benefit by enabling Kunena debug mode to see if you receive any other error information apart from "Using direct link to Kunena component" that might help. I think, however, the way to resolve the problem involves wrestling with Joomla's menu system.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by Crispy Beef
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. For the time being I have managed to fix the issue with a workaround. We created the original Kunena menu and then instead of moving it into our main menu we created a menu alias instead that points to the entry page in the new Kunena menu. This way we don't mess with the defaults, and can still display the forum specific menu items in our sub-menu location.

Seems to work well for now.

Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds