Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Cannot Upload FIle attachment, or image.

More
12 years 4 months ago #1 by EddieD
New installation on Joomla 1.7. Unable to attach a file, regardless of browser.

Also - feature request.. Would be nice to have a way to embed an image into the post.

Please help. Unable to use the forum yet.

Read your documentation on MooTools, but I believe Mootools is built right into Joomla 1.7 now, and not plugin.

Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled

EddieD wrote: New installation on Joomla 1.7. Unable to attach a file, regardless of browser.

Please read the posting guidelines printed at the top of this page, particularly when you post in the Support category.

EddieD wrote: Also - feature request. Would be nice to have a way to embed an image into the post.

Have you read Show image in Topic area?
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by EddieD
Sorry...

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : jp_travel | author: Joomlaplates.com | version: 1.6.001 - 13.01.2011 | creationdate: Jan 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by EddieD
Hello there,
I still have no resolve on this matter.

I have looked through other threads, and I am really not sure where to go with this.
I checked with my hosting company, and they meet all of the requirements indicated in your documentation.

Help, anyone!
Thanks

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled
When you looked at other topics, you would have seen that there are many causes why users cannot upload attachments.

The most common cause is folder/file permission: your webhosting company may have told you that your site meets the minimum requirements, but have you checked that all folders and files have been setup with the recommended permissions? In other words, please read Securing Kunena .

The next most common reason why files cannot be uploaded is because the files, themselves, are too big or are of an unauthorised MIME type. These must be allowed also in your Joomla Global Configuration. When all else fails, reset Kunena configuration settings back to their defaults and try to upload a simple (say 1 Kb) .jpg file. That's what I would do.

The next most common reason why files cannot be uploaded is because there's something else getting in the way (another Joomla extension for example - badly written Joomla templates are a prime example of this). The easiest way to establish if this is the case is to have a test site (bare-bones Joomla 1.7.3, no other Joomla extensions or modifications, and Kunena) and see if you can upload images with that. If you can upload images then look at what's different between your live site and the test site.

The last most common reason why people cannot upload files is because there is something seriously broken on their sites (possibly a half-completed installation, or very badly written code) that requires more involved investigation. This usually means enabling both Joomla debug mode and Kunena debug mode and looking to see if there are any error messages; it can also mean having to analyse the Apache server log files. Not very appetising, I know.

I hope I've given you a few ideas to experiment with. Good luck.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #6 by EddieD
will try this out. thank you for your detailed response.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #7 by Markocius

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : gored_ultra_lernvid.com-j1.6 | author: Juergen Koller | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Apr 2011

Kunena default template details : Aphotic II | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2010-12-30

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.7.0 | CommunityBuilder 1.7.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Stats 1.7.0

Ok, so I've had the same issue as the guy above, and have been pulling my hair out, (what little is left if it) trying to get this to work properly.

I have not been able to find anything with the Global Configuration that allows me to ensure the MIME types are correct.

Thanks,
Marko
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Markocius.

More
12 years 3 months ago #8 by sozzled
Three questions for Markocius:

(1) Does this issue occur with K 1.7.1?

(2) Does this issue occur with K 1.7.1 Blue Eagle (default) template?

(3) Does this issue occur if you have the Kunena menu? (Do you know how to setup the Kunena menu?)

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #9 by sozzled
Not all versions of PHP support different MIME types. You can disable MIME type checking in K 1.7.1:

Forum Configuration » Uploads » Images » Check MIME Types = No

Does this help?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #10 by 810
Please disable all CB plugins. there are some plugins that will not work with kunena.

regards 810

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds