Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved [Resolved] K 1.7: Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED)

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by sorema
hi all. i have a big problem with k1.7
if i try to post a topic, reply, quick reply, thank you (everything at all!)
i get this error
Errore 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED)

if i downgrade to k6.5 everything works.
i'm running j1.5.24
k1.7.1 (but same problem with 1.7.0)
gzip in main j config disabled.

i can post here my config file if it can be usefull..
thank you

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 600 seconds | Max execution memory: 50M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : maternity_impact | author: serena | version: 2.0 | creationdate: 2011-03-25

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-07-04

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.5.13 | CommunityBuilder 1.7.1 | UddeIm

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Stats 1.7.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by Mortti
Are you using some old Chrome browser?

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #3 by sorema
hi all, installed k1.7.1 (but i have the same error with k1.7.0) and as i click on my menu items in main menu i get this error.
Errore 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED)

sometimes refreshing page the forum shows up bot every time i get 1st this error.
BUT i can't also submit posts, i can't thank you, i can't reply.

Running j1.5.24
Sef Advance (but if i disable sef advance and even joomla core sef things are not changing).

i have various menu items pointing to different categories in kunena BUT i always gave different names to items e.g.
forum
forum-menu
forum-mobile
categoryname

solutions?
thanks in advance.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sorema.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #4 by sorema
even if i disable all menu items and leave only one in main menu the error persists.
please help i can't use kunena this way!
i've been using k1.6.5 till now.. :(

here i add my config report:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 600 seconds | Max execution memory: 50M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : maternity_impact | author: serena | version: 2.0 | creationdate: 2011-03-25

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-07-04

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.5.13 | CommunityBuilder 1.7.1 | UddeIm

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Stats 1.7.1

Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sorema.

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by sorema
no, i get the same response with safari.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled
The answer is very simple. Please delete your current Kunena menu (and all menu items that refer to your forum) and re-create it! See the FAQs page (on the menu at the top of this forum): How do I restore my Kunena menu?

If you want to create "various menu items to Kunena", please read Customised menus

This will also fix your "redirect on reply or thank you" issues, too.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 5 months ago #7 by sorema
the answer is not so simple. as even if i delete all menu items and even if i restore ONLY one menu item, still i get an ERROR when posting, or thanking or more.
if you have a less simple answer.. :) welcome.

More
12 years 5 months ago #8 by sozzled
The "less simple" answer is just as simple.

You need to find every place where you have a menu item that refers to Kunena. You need to delete these menu items. You need to empty the menu trash. You then use the Create Menu function. When you have recreated your Kunena menu, in the way I described above, please post your updated configuration report. Thank you.

An even less simpler thing to do is to prove that Kunena works on a test site; we need to know this answer before we consider doing anything else. (I just finished writing a reply about this issue on a different topic ) Does Kunena work for you on a no-frills test site on the same hosting platform as your live site - the site that does not work? Yes or no, please.

More
12 years 5 months ago #9 by Matias
I don't think that this has anything to do with menu.

To me this error looks like Kunena is returning empty HTTP/HTML response (0 bytes long) or there's something else going wrong: HTTP headers indicate that the content is compressed when it's not.

Please Google the answer: ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAI​LED

If you're having the issue also in Safari, I suggest that you disable gzip compression and try again. You may have a bug in zlib (upgrade server operating system) for example.

I would say that this issue isn't related to Kunena or Joomla.

More
12 years 5 months ago #10 by sorema
SOLVED.
the problem was in joomla version.

1.5.25 is having problems. made some tests, and works perfectly in j1.5.22 and j1.5.23
no matter of itemid or menu and gzip was already disabled. joomla was the problem, tested in 3 different sites on the same server. thank you all.

Time to create page: 0.592 seconds