Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Slow at 470k posts. Kunena or Host?

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #1 by nsprime
Good Day!
Forum used to be fast but recently experiencing slow browsing.
Time to create page: Ranging from 5 sec. to 25 seconds

Host: VPS with CPU 2.68 GHZ + 1824 RAM

My Kunena Forum:
Version: Kunena 1.7.1 on Joomla 1.5.25
Module: Kunena Latest 1.7.1
Legacy: Disabled
Forum Members: 13000
Concurrent Users: range from 20 to 100 logged-in | 300-900 guests
Total Messages: 469000 | Total Subjects: 22400
SEF: enabled
No third part SEF Component
Other Component: Jomsocial 2.4

Is is Kunena not able to handle data or need to upgrade server or other?
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by nsprime.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by Matias
Kunena 1.x has been designed to be used only in sites that have less than 200-300k postings (every post makes it slightly slower because of simple database schema).

Also JomSocial (2.2) integration slows down Kunena, because of it has not been speed optimized. Basically it adds ~300-400ms with your user count and CPU.

When your site needs more resources than it has available, you get what you describe above: load times change from 1-2 seconds to 10-30 seconds and more.

Kunena 2.0 works easily with 2M posts and stays almost as fast when the database grows. In my tests Kunena 2.0 is ~4 times faster with caching (or takes 25% of the resources K1.7 needs) with databases of your size. That means that installing K2.0 your server should manage the load, except maybe peak times.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by woonydanny

Matias wrote: Kunena 1.x has been designed to be used only in sites that have less than 200-300k postings (every post makes it slightly slower because of simple database schema).

Also JomSocial (2.2) integration slows down Kunena, because of it has not been speed optimized. Basically it adds ~300-400ms with your user count and CPU.

When your site needs more resources than it has available, you get what you describe above: load times change from 1-2 seconds to 10-30 seconds and more.

Kunena 2.0 works easily with 2M posts and stays almost as fast when the database grows. In my tests Kunena 2.0 is ~4 times faster with caching (or takes 25% of the resources K1.7 needs) with databases of your size. That means that installing K2.0 your server should manage the load, except maybe peak times.

is K2.0 available ? :huh:

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by xillibit

peetree21 wrote:
is K2.0 available ? :huh:

Not yet :side:

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 4 months ago #5 by nsprime
Thank you for the reply. Really excited for Kunena 2.0.

More
12 years 4 months ago #6 by Matias
I need large test sites for Kunena 2.0 -- If you want to, apply to join into our official testers group:
www.kunena.org/people/groups/viewgroup/1...icial+Kunena+Testers

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #7 by nsprime
UPDATE: Dropping integration with Jomsocial improved loading time. Big Time. From 25sec to 1 to 3 sec. How I wish Kunena has its own community/social mod.

Is there a way I can migrate avatars from Jomsocial to Kunena?

@Sir Matias. I joined the group. Awaiting approval
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by nsprime.

More
12 years 4 months ago #8 by Matias
So your server resources just ran out. Usually JomSocial just adds some 300-500ms.

PS. Don't install K2.0 into live site just yet and please report everything you find. :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #9 by enryweb
I joined the group. Awaiting approval

I have a Joomla 1.5.25 version and Kunena 1.7.1 with 2223 user and 45907 message and 2868 object but my site is too slow, 5-6 second to generate a page...

It's Kunena problem or server problem ? (the site is www.housefogolf.it )

tks

More
12 years 3 months ago #10 by 810
add here your kunena report.

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds