Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Bug [Problem assumed resolved - no response from user] Navigating in J!1.73 and K1.7 gets error: trying to get property of non-object in...

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by arthurjohnston
Note: Test site on local host using Wampserver.

Full error:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in D:\wamp\www\joomla\components\com_kunena\lib\kunena.login.php on line 24
Call Stack

Configuration Settings:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : ja_t3_blank | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.0.7 | creationdate: November 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Arthur Johnston
seacrestcockers.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #2 by Matias
I need to know what is happening in here. Can you add this line into the above file before if ():

echo "Search {$active->access} in "; print_r($user->getAuthorisedViewLevels());

and report back the findings when you have this error showing up.. After doing this, you should remove the new line as it's just showing some debug information. :)
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Matias.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by arthurjohnston
I have not modified the file to report more information, but just realized I failed to attach screen capture. (see attached).

If you still require modification of the file after you review the screen capture I will do so.

kunena error.bmp

Arthur Johnston
seacrestcockers.com

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by arthurjohnston

arthurjohnston wrote: I have not modified the file to report more information, but just realized I failed to attach screen capture. (see attached).

If you still require modification of the file after you review the screen capture I will do so.

kunena error.bmp

trying upload again!

kunena error.png

Arthur Johnston
seacrestcockers.com

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by arthurjohnston

arthurjohnston wrote:

arthurjohnston wrote: I have not modified the file to report more information, but just realized I failed to attach screen capture. (see attached).

kunena error.bmp

trying upload again!

kunena error.png

last attempt!!

Arthur Johnston
seacrestcockers.com
Attachments:

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by Matias
Well, this was not quite what I wanted to see; I already know where the issue is, I'm just not sure what happens in there.

Adding the above code would help me to see what's going on (it outputs one unformatted line to the screen).

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #7 by sozzled

arthurjohnston wrote: Note: Test site on local host using Wampserver.

Thanks for your question. As a general comment - and as a good rule-of-thumb for people who are thinking about using WAMP/XAMPP - it's better to develop your Joomla site on the same platform as where the production site will reside. WAMP/XAMPP is "OK" if you want to try some proof-of-concept development but nothing beats seeing how things will look from the end-user experience than putting the site on a hosted platform on the interent. This is why we have problems providing "support" to people who use these local PC-based webservers. The topic is covered in more detail in Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP)

90% of problems that people experience in WAMP never occur in the live environment. Besides which, you do not have the same degree of control over the live environment as you do in WAMP.

There's nothing wrong in using WAMP but there are better development strategies available and we can help you more if we can see the problem too rather than by relying on snapshots of what you see. I hope this helps.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: arthurjohnston

More
12 years 5 months ago #8 by arthurjohnston
Thank you, I will backup the site and try an online install, hopefully, I will not recieve the same error.

I prefer to test an "unknown product" on my local machine rather than a live site, it saves time restoring the backup and cleaning the data base if the "unknown product" does not perform as expected.

In advance, please excuse the term "unknown product" as I have recently just discovered Kunena.

Take care and thank you everyone for the help.

Arthur Johnston

Arthur Johnston
seacrestcockers.com

More
12 years 5 months ago #9 by sozzled

arthurjohnston wrote: I prefer to test an "unknown product" on my local machine rather than a live site

You should never test an unknown product on a live site. You should always test things on a test site. The question is, what's the best way to build a test site.

WAMP/XAMPP does not allow you to fully test the full functionality of Joomla. A local machine is no substitute for simulating the end-user experience. That's the message we have been trying to get across here.

More
12 years 5 months ago #10 by aj-walend
I had the same problem.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in \components\com_kunena\lib\kunena.login.php on line 24

I was busy importing and populating numerous categories and related topics, and other forums tend to get discombobulated and need to be re calibrated. This happens when you do some major changes to forum topics and categories, and internally change the order (based on my experience)

I solved this error by accessing the forum's control panel and selecting "Recount Category Statistics", and issue is resolved.

The error is indicating that the top menu - just above the area where the user (if logged in) is identified. If not logged in I guess the generic log-in would be displayed in place of a current registered user being identified

By recalculating category statistics, the issue corrects itself. This also cleans up the MySQL database.

I hope this info is of assistance to others experiencing this error. I doubt it is a forum code fault, just a database hiccup.

Thanks to the Kunena team for developing a very nice forum.

aj-walend

Time to create page: 0.591 seconds