Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Registered user gets logged off when trying to upload image to forum thread

More
12 years 4 months ago #1 by keithyoung89
I have a Registered User who seems to be alone with this problem (so far!). He can post to a thread but if he attempts to upload an image he gets a very quick glimpse of a screen with , he thinks, the word 'oops' on it (too quick for him to read) and then he gets logged out.

I have checked the image and can upload it OK. I set him up a test thread and created a test account for him but just the same.

At one point, when this started, he managed to be logged in twice at the same time (I logged him out) and last night the system said he was not 'activated', yet he was able to log in and has been a regular subscriber to the forum for ages.

It seems this started when he was using AOL but persists with IE. I've tried clearing cache and am really out of ideas.

Any suggestions please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
I'm not sure if this helps, but I suggest that you read the posting guidelines printed at the top of this page - and provide us with the missing information about your situation - so that others may be able to offer you suggestions based on what you have configured on your website. ;)

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by keithyoung89
Here are the configuration settings:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : ja_purity_ii | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: August 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.0

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
Is there any improvement if you upgrade to K 1.7.1 (and also use Kunena Latest K 1.7.1, too)?

I understand that sometimes "oops-like" messages may flash momentarily before someone's eyes (never to be seen again) and maybe this person is the only one who's being logged-out. So it's important for you to understand the kind of environment that others may be in and to put yourself in their shoes (as, I hope, I'm trying to do here with you).

Do we know anything about the operating environment of this one person with the problem, for example, what browser they're using with their attempt to upload a file what is the specific file they're trying to upgrade (including the type of file). With this information, can you reproduce those conditions and, therefore, can we? Every problem can be explained (eventually) if we can only reproduce the exact operating conditions at the time.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago #5 by Matias
Have you installed some security related component which could do this (safety measure, forcing user to log out / disabling his accoung if he does something nasty)?

More
12 years 4 months ago #6 by keithyoung89
I will try upgrading to 1.7.1.
I can say:
- he has tried via AOL and IE (not sure which version - will find out)
- he has passed me the image and I have uploaded it with no problem whatever
- I am using OSOL Captcha. It MAY be to do with that - possibly an IP address issue. I have asked him to try another PC (friend or neighbour). I'll investigate to see if his IP address is stored in an OSOL Captcha db table
- I shall install 1.7.1 on a test site with no Captcha software and see how he gets on there
- I am unaware of anybody else experiencing this problem, out of 1,000 registered users.

Thanks for your help thus far - I'll report back
-

More
12 years 4 months ago #7 by Matias

More
12 years 4 months ago #8 by keithyoung89
I asked the user to try another PC and he was able to upload the image with no problem from his PC running Windows 7 Ultimate. The upload fails on his PC running Win XP.

I've asked him to try to get hold of the error message using Screen Print so we can see if anything can be done.

Anyway, it seems it was a localised problem and nothing to do with Kunena or Joomla! So I would consider this thread resolved.

Thanks for your interest and help.

More
12 years 4 months ago #9 by sozzled
Probably an IE6 problem. To sooner someone puts IE6 out of its misery, the better! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: keithyoung89

More
12 years 4 months ago #10 by keithyoung89
I'll tell the user - I didn't think of that! Thanks sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.758 seconds