Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] How to show only those topics that I started

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by iLucato
Hi folks, we have the recent topics were:

Shows a list of recent topics or posts. There are many different layouts to pick from:

* Recent Topics - Shows recent topics
* My Topics - Shows topics from the current user (My Favorites and My Posts)
* No Replies - Shows topics which haven't been answered
* My Subscriptions - Shows subscriptions from the current user
* My Favorites - Shows favorites from the current user
* My Posts - Shows posts from the current user
* Unapproved Posts - Shows unapproved posts
* Deleted Posts - Shows deleted posts

I wonder how do I get to show only the TOPICS created by a user and not his/her posts, replies, favorites and so on. I want that the user can see just the TOPIC he/she started! How to achieve that?

IMHO by selectin "My topics", it should only show the topics I've started/created.

Thanks in advance.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Let me make sure that I understand the question correctly: you want a new feature, a feature that doesn't exist in Kunena at the moment. Is that right? (I would like to remind you, gently, about reading the posting guidelines printed at the top of this page.) :)
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by iLucato
Well Sozzled, let me make you sure, that I'm not sure if I'm requesting a new feature or if I'm missing some existing feature. So, that is why I asked how to, but I didn't notice the top message that my message falls in the "how to". I'm sorry about that. If you want to move it to the right forum, please, do it, otherwise, I'll try to find the correct place to add the same question again.

Thanks in advance.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
** Topic move to Feature Requests **

The My Topics view in Kunena has always shown all topics started and contributed to by a user. There is no feature in Kunena that displays only those topics started by a user.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by Matias
I'm not sure about Kunena 1.6/1.7, but Kunena 2.0 supports this feature (not sure if it has been added as a view option, though).

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #6 by iLucato
Matias, I'm not sure if it is some issue in the Menu Item for Kunena, where MyTopics link points to the function "do=mylatest" instead other function that I just found that already exists called "do=owntopics" (Sozzled there is such feature), but isn't in that dropdown selection within the Kunena Menu Item.

So IMHO, "do=mylatest" shouldn't be a function for "MyTopics", it should be a function for the non-existing "MyLatests" and the non-listed "do=owntopics" should be a function for the actual MyTopics.

Just to share with the community, if you want to show the Topics started by an user, do not use the Kunena Menu Item because it doesn't have such feature there, so, use the Menu item "external link" instead with the link:

index.php?option=com_kunena&func=latest&do=owntopics

I hope that helps.

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by iLucato.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #7 by sozzled
Thank you for posting that tip. I was unaware of the function and I haven't tested it for myself. It may work - it may be an undocumented feature - or it may not be supported. None of the development team have pointed me to this feature being available.

iLucato wrote: Just to share with the community, if you want to show the Topics started by an user, do not use the Kunena Menu Item, use the Menu item "external link" instead with the link:

index.php?option=com_kunena&func=latest&do=owntopics

Just to make sure that everyone is aware, creating "external link" menu items is the most likely cause of 4 out of every 5 menu issues we deal with on a daily basis (and that have resulted in a few thousand questions being asked). So, before people create "external links" to anything related to Kunena, just make sure that you know exactly what you are doing. Background reading on this this issue, see Customised menus in the Wiki.

But, thank you for your post. :)
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago #8 by iLucato
You´re welcome.
Have a nice weekend.

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds