Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [SOLVED] Kunena Internal Error: upgrade to 1.7, using jomsocial and jms multisite

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #1 by daniele cleri
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 256M

Joomla default template details : rt_zephyr_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.2 | creationdate: October 13, 2010

Kunena default template details : Aphotic II | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2010-12-30

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.5.12 | Jomsocial 2.0.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.1 | My Kunena Forum Posts 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.0-RC2

I manage a community using joomla 1.5, jomsocial, kunena and jms multisite components.
After i upgraded to kunena 1.7.1 (from 1.6.x) i detect this problem only on the slave site www.thelastteam.com (not on the main site www.thelastgames.net ). The forum tables are shared between the 2 sites (linked). So what could be the problem?

Kunena Internal Error: Please enable Kunena Debug Mode and report problem in the www.kunena.org forum.

If i enable the debug mode, when i click on forum:

500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'c.accesstype' in 'on clause' SQL=SELECT c.id FROM tlt_kunena_categories AS c INNER JOIN abc_community_groups_members AS g ON c.accesstype='jomsocial' AND c.access=g.groupid WHERE c.published=1 AND g.approved=1 AND g.memberid='68'
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by daniele cleri.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

What do you mena by the forum tables are shared between two sites, this is strange ? Is it worked before ?

In your table tlt_kunena_categories, there is missing the column accesstype i don't know why. Try to recreate this table.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by daniele cleri
Yes it worked before.
The sites use the same tables for kunena (the 2 db are linked and share some tables).

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
*** Topic moved ***

Looks like a mess to me. I don't see the support implications here (and that's why I moved the topic).

We don't support templates that are not written by the Kunena team. We don't support RC versions of Kunena add-ons. We don't necessarily "support" Kunena integration with every version of Jomsocial, either. Lastly, I don't know who knows about how to run Kunena from two different websites sharing the same database table.

What do the folks at JomSocial have to say about your problem? :)

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #5 by Matias
It looks like tlt prefixed database was not upgraded when you upgraded Kunena. Table 'tlt_kunena_categories' should have field called 'accesstype', but it doesn't.

So obviously you either failed to upgrade both sites or the plugin that helps you to share tables between sites isn't working with our ALTER TABLE queries during upgrade process.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Matias.

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by Matias
Moved to support: this issue has nothing to do with JomSocial.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #7 by daniele cleri
Where is located the installed version when the installation packet check if i need upgrades? is there a version.xml or something similar? thanks
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by daniele cleri.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #8 by xillibit
It's in database, can-i see the structure of your table jos_kunena_categories ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by xillibit.

More
12 years 4 months ago #9 by daniele cleri
before that i would like to explain you the situation.

Our site, www.thelastgames.net , is a social network based on joomla 1.5.25 plus jomsocial 2.04 and kunena forum.

The community needed to deploy multiple subsites for gamers teams and clans so we decided to use Joomla Multisite component (latest version installed 1.2.69)

All the other components upgrades was done easily, as described on extension upgrade instruction on jms guides.
The procedure needed to update components within all the network is this one:
1) install the new version of the component on the main site
2) install the new version of the component on every subsite (if there are database changes)

As Kunena changed some tables from 1.6.2 (the previous version that was installed on the site) and 1.7.1 i proceeded with the upgrade also on the slave site. When i did that it says the 1.7.1 version of kunena is already installed, but then i start having the issues described before.
I asked to you where is stored the component version to try a trick:
If i remove the latest version update from the database or wherever is stored i can proced with the upgrade in the slave sites. I tried also that way deleting the row where version 1.7.1 is stored in kunena_version, but when i tried to upgrade from the subsite it says again that the version installed is 1.71. Why is that? Do i need to change or delete something else to deceive the component doing the upgrade?

More
12 years 4 months ago #10 by Matias
Kunena detects installed version from the database -- and DB is saying that it's already the latest (because of you already installed it). So if you're using only one database, you should be able to make Kunena to work just by running the installer in all sites, even if it says that it's already using the latest version.

So if multisite component works right, you should be able to get all sites working just by doing what the guide says -- and ignore what Kunena is saying during the installation.

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds