Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Bug Online users out of control

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
I've noticed recently that the function that tells you how many users are online is completely out of control. It's telling me that I have 800 users on my forum this morning, I know for a fact by looking at Joomla! watch that this is completely wrong. I don't see the point of having this function if it's giving you information that is completely wrong.

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
I tend agree with you. I'll talk to the developers and see about having this feature removed. If you look at www.kunena.org you will see that there are 80 members and 20000 guests online. I don't believe those figures for a second.

I think the problem is that just about every other web-based forum has this kind information - certainly the "big guys" like phpBB - and they somehow seem to have more "accuracy"; whereas, as far as I know, this problem has not been successfully tackled in Joomla. As you've read (no doubt dozens of times) whenever we've been asked questions on this topic, we've basically replied with "it's a Joomla thing" which isn't very helpful, is it?

So, perhaps it would be a better thing all 'round (and it would certainly help lower one's blood pressure) if we never saw this information displayed on the screen anywhere! If you don't see the wrong information, you won't have anything to worry about. So, you're right in writing: "I don't see the point of having this function if it's giving you information that is completely wrong." I agree:

You should do one of:
  1. Forum Configuration » Plugins » Statistics Plug-in Settings » Show Who is Online = No
  2. Add the following 3 lines to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file:
    Code:
    #Kunena .kwhoonline { display: none; }
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by Matias
Those numbers code from Joomla 1.5 -- code is mostly stolen from their Who is online plugin. :) The issue with Joomla is that it thinks that every guest who has been online in the past ~24 hours are online. It also thinks that every visit from bots (like Google) is one visitor more. So if Google has visited 1000 pages, you have 1000 guests.

We can fix 24h limit (actually it's a configuration option in Kunena), but we cannot fix Joomla from saving each bot visit as one extra user. For that you need to have plugin, which saves some extra information from the user into database.

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by Oscarfishlover
Thanks guys, it's not really a problem that is going to affect the running of the website. To people who don't really know how things work, they'll probably just think that we are very popular :-)

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
12 years 4 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled
So, is this really a support issue - in which case, I am happy to agree with you that these kinds of meaningless statistics should be totally removed from Kunena until Joomla gets its act together - or is it more of a "how can I disguise the fact that the basis of what Kunena reports is suss"? :lol:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon and archive

More
11 years 10 months ago #6 by sheiksumon
Hello,

I am having problem in guest user manage.How can i show original guest user in forum index page.

[img

View Screen Capture

Please suggest asap.
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.599 seconds